recall

Guest barryw333

I think they probably have done it, Barry, because to get paid by Honda I understand they have to send them a photo of the relay. Honda won't have crossed it off their list without that 'proof'. At least, that's what my dealer told me and I'm taking it as true..

Guest barryw333

Tex, when I asked for the bike to be taken in for a recall they asked me to take a picture of my relay to show them to see if it needed doing( as looking themselves seemed like too much of a chore), I asked where the relay was and they sent me a photo of a relay so they have relay photos in stock, so with my conspiracy theory in full on overdrive, I would think that they could easily send a picture of someone else's relay as the numbers on the picture he sent are not unique ones but batch ones. To be honest I don't care anymore I just want nothing more to do with them. I just want to let others know about their service so they can make their own minds up about using them. I don't want the stamp on my frame unless they can prove the work has been done because if my bike did happen  to catch fire then Honda would not pay out if the frame was stamped as they would say the work had been undertaken and it was something else.

Sometimes you have to save your energy for the battles you can win. There's no winning this one! It's a far from satisfactory situation and I don't blame you for being pissed off.

Derek_Mac

Barry,

I found a copy of the recall that was sent out to American dealers with the information regarding which batch numbers could be faulty.

Have a look at your starter relay to see whether it's in the range of affected batch numbers.

recall.png

Edit: The original service bulletin sent out to American dealers can be found here.

Edit 2: The relays only have batch numbers on them which indicate the manufacturing date, they do not have individual serial numbers.

Edited by Derek_Mac
  • Like 1

Derek, that's spot on. Good for you.

Derek_Mac

It's on the right hand side of the battery, there should be a mention of it in your owners manual.

It might be called the Starter Magnetic switch or something similar, it has the main 30amp fuse plugged into it I think.

starter%20relay.png