Allyearbiker - XCP Review

Swissheavy

Swissheavy

Super cheap is ok but heavily diluted. Too much of a variable for me so best advice given to me is just warm water, jet wash fine. 

On the other hand I have a friend who has been running a 1979 MZ TS 250 /5 to work and back every day for the past 14 years.  

Phill travels 22 miles a day, rain or shine, five days a week in any weather. He only uses this bike for work and has a large shiny Yamaha for other "blood bike" duties and attending bike race meetings around the UK.

The reason I mention this is he covers it in grease and oil once a year and has honestly never washed the MZ in 11 years.

It gets a service twice a year and the odd set of Mitas tyres as and when.  It is thickly lathered in grease and duck oil. The bike is called "bio hazard".  And is well known in MZ circles Phil being a MZ club area organiser. 

He reckons the bike never breaks down because the muck holds it together. Recently his boss asked him to park the bike around the back in the yard and not in the car park out side the offices. 

After 11 years of continual use the bike looks a muddy brown colour with black wheels. It is actually bright red with alloy wheels and stainless spokes, it would come up shiny if washed, but now it would be unthinkable to clean it.

He also single handedly rode "Bio" around the coast of the UK for Cancer research fund raising. This ride took him 10 days to do the full trip. "Bio" never missed a beat having been pressed into service at the last minute when his original 1968 and fully restored ES 250 sulked and spat its dummy out the night before setting off :baby: 

Phil raised 7k mostly donated by other MZ owners around the UK. 

"Bio Hazard" is a well known bike in my area and is theft resistant. 

The little Herbert's wouldnt go near it for fear of cross contamination. 

Lovely story, Mac. I especially liked the bit about the boss wanting it parked round the back! :D:D