Full Service and Tyres

Guest James Russell

Guest James Russell

Hello All,

Long absence from the forum as I have had serval job changes over the last few months. Things settling down now.

I'm looking to get my bike serviced. Going for a big service as it hasn't had one yet and it's a 2012 plate. Only 12,500 miles on the clock. But I just feel it warrants a FULL service (including all fluids) due to it's age. So my question is, what price should I be looking at for this to be done.

I'm also thinking that my tyres are close to the end of their lives. Would like to put some good rubber on. Currently have PR4's. But they are pricey. I'm also on the motorway a lot now. So is there something that has a hard compound in the middle of the tyre.

Thanks for your help.

James

embee
21 minutes ago, James Russell said:

..... So is there something that has a hard compound in the middle of the tyre.

Thanks for your help.

James

Yes, PR4.

• Like 3
rjp996

PR4 - worth the ££ in my view, I get good motorway miles from them and am happy to ride all weathers with them - £20 a tyre more but that memory will fade away

trisaki

Your bike if a 700 should have had a big service  at 8000 miles - I use bridgestone  t30 evo very pleased with them got a few of my customers  on them all seem pleased shame you are a long way from West Sussex  as I could do your service  for you  

• Like 4
6 hours ago, James Russell said:

Hello All,

Long absence from the forum as I have had serval job changes over the last few months. Things settling down now.

I'm looking to get my bike serviced. Going for a big service as it hasn't had one yet and it's a 2012 plate. Only 12,500 miles on the clock. But I just feel it warrants a FULL service (including all fluids) due to it's age. So my question is, what price should I be looking at for this to be done.

I'm also thinking that my tyres are close to the end of their lives. Would like to put some good rubber on. Currently have PR4's. But they are pricey. I'm also on the motorway a lot now. So is there something that has a hard compound in the middle of the tyre.

Thanks for your help.

James

Trisaki just done a fantastic job on mine you couldn't ask for a more trustworthy thorough job 

• Like 1
Guest James Russell

Thanks for the info on the tyres Tisaki. Will have look into them. Although will prob stick with the PR4's.

Had a service at 8000. Although it was only an intermediate service. I'm getting all fluids done in this one. Do use the bike quite a lot for commuting to work. So think it warrants going the extra mile on the servicing. Doing 3-4 days a week on the bike to work, which is a round trip of 70 miles.

The NC is a great bike. Although hoping to upgrade to something bigger next year. Prob the Africa Twin with DCT.

rjp996

James - i have the AT (DCT) as well as the NC750x and although the AT is more comfy etc, I end up taking my NC to work 99% of the time as its 100 miles round trip, the miles kills the value of the bike, and I get 80mpg all day long vs 60mpg if i baby the AT.

I love the fact the NC gets me to work so well at such a good price, and given ive had it for 2years now and the miles are high, the extra miles do not really harm the value.

Add to that the NC is way easier to clean....

I love my AT, the look, sounds, ride, speeeeeed etc :-) and love to use it at weekends with my wife, but I also love the NC for its shear versatility and ability given commuting miles are dead miles...

My advice, start a bike collection of all the bikes that make you smile :-)

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, rjp996 said:

Cool - can I quote you on that for Mrs Tex? :)

Great! I'll have the Affy Twin DCT, an R1200R, an MT10..

:D

• Like 3
Rocker66
48 minutes ago, rjp996 said:

I would need two things a lotto win and a warehouse to keep them all in😀😀

• Like 2
Rocker66
1 minute ago, Brigante7 said:

I've just had my 16,000 mile service done on my 750X DCT, below should be a photo of the invoice, I haven't a clue if this is expensive or not.

http://s1085.photobucket.com/user/Brigante7/library/?sort=3&page=1

Brigante7.

Are you really sure that you want your address so clearly shown on the internet???

• Like 2
Brigante7
4 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

Are you really sure that you want your address so clearly shown on the internet???

You're right, it shows how much I was paying attention, sorted now, thank you.

Brigante7.

• Like 3

A 765 Street Triple, a Moto-Guzzi Norge, an Egli Vincent..

• Like 1
trisaki

5 hours ago, James Russell said:

Thanks for the info on the tyres Tisaki. Will have look into them. Although will prob stick with the PR4's.

Had a service at 8000. Although it was only an intermediate service. I'm getting all fluids done in this one. Do use the bike quite a lot for commuting to work. So think it warrants going the extra mile on the servicing. Doing 3-4 days a week on the bike to work, which is a round trip of 70 miles.

The NC is a great bike. Although hoping to upgrade to something bigger next year. Prob the Africa Twin with DCT.

Your servicing should have been done the other way round  biggie at 8000 smaller at 12000 

Edited by trisaki
  • Like 1

I think I would spend a lottery win on a step back in time when I could ride what I wanted in comfort and not give it a second thought.

• Like 1
Rocker66

Once upon a time my dream bike would have been a z1000 powere Goudier- Genoud (I think that might be the correct spelling) Kawasaki.

Guest James Russell
On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 15:29, rjp996 said:

James - i have the AT (DCT) as well as the NC750x and although the AT is more comfy etc, I end up taking my NC to work 99% of the time as its 100 miles round trip, the miles kills the value of the bike, and I get 80mpg all day long vs 60mpg if i baby the AT.

I love the fact the NC gets me to work so well at such a good price, and given ive had it for 2years now and the miles are high, the extra miles do not really harm the value.

Add to that the NC is way easier to clean....

I love my AT, the look, sounds, ride, speeeeeed etc :-) and love to use it at weekends with my wife, but I also love the NC for its shear versatility and ability given commuting miles are dead miles...

I would love to start a collection of bikes. But I'm not sure that will go down too well with the Wife. I struggled to get just the one. Ha.

We have recently bought a new family car. A Volvo XC60 which I'm really impressed with. Anyway a lot of money went into that. So I have come to realize I will have the NC for another year at least. Thinking about potential upgrades now. Exhaust probably.

Yeah the miles are killing the value of my bike. Which is a bit sad as I do take good care of it. But as you said, it is so cheap to get to work. Probably half the cost in fuel to taking the car.

gonzo

V MAX ,MT01. 

Don't fret about doing the miles, keep the bike for ten years, save a fortune in fuel costs, at that age it won't be worth much anyway so keep it for the winter hack and buy a new bike, now you also have the beginning of you bike collection, when your  second bike is ten years old, rebuild the first as it's now almost a classic and will start to gain value. By the time you are too old to ride, your collection can be sold off to fund coach trips to the sea side.

• Like 7
Tonyj

Vincent , rc 30/45 , 998r , rd350lc red/white or square tank 400 same colour

Guest James Russell

Now looking at a Harley because of you lot. There is a company in the US that build automatic clutches for Harleys. So that might solve my disabledness problem with only being able to ride auto. :devil:

Brigante7
31 minutes ago, James Russell said:

Now looking at a Harley because of you lot. There is a company in the US that build automatic clutches for Harleys. So that might solve my disabledness problem with only being able to ride auto. :devil:

I like the sound of that, I have a DCT because I can't use a clutch but I would love a harley.

Brigante7.