Full Service and Tyres

Guest James Russell

Guest James Russell
1 hour ago, Brigante7 said:

I like the sound of that, I have a DCT because I can't use a clutch but I would love a harley.

Brigante7.

Here is one of the companies that do it. There are a couple. But I only seem to find US companies. Having looked at it very briefly, I guess you could send them your clutch and get it all fitted by them is the US. Then when you get the clutch back you can either fit it yourself, OR get a garage to do it.

http://efmautoclutch.com/

There is also a motorbike called Ridley. Again US based. But you could get one shipped over. All a bit too much Wonga for me at the moment. And you might have to talk to the DVLA if you have a restricted license, like me.

Brigante7
7 hours ago, James Russell said:

Here is one of the companies that do it. There are a couple. But I only seem to find US companies. Having looked at it very briefly, I guess you could send them your clutch and get it all fitted by them is the US. Then when you get the clutch back you can either fit it yourself, OR get a garage to do it.

http://efmautoclutch.com/

There is also a motorbike called Ridley. Again US based. But you could get one shipped over. All a bit too much Wonga for me at the moment. And you might have to talk to the DVLA if you have a restricted license, like me.

I have a restricted license also, I passed my DAS on a DCT.

Brigante7.

Pretty sure you're out of luck there, boys. An auto clutch is a different animal to an auto box. You're going to need a manual license for that Harley.. sorry.

Guest aldmannie

In the UK the deciding factor for an automatic licence is the clutch not the gearbox.

If the driver/rider controls the clutch they need a manual licence.

I stand corrected.

Brigante7
16 hours ago, Tex said:

Pretty sure you're out of luck there, boys. An auto clutch is a different animal to an auto box. You're going to need a manual license for that Harley.. sorry.

I can pass my DAS if I had an auto clutch, it's the constant need to pull the clutch lever in and having to feather the clutch in mod1 that stops me.

Brigante7.

1 hour ago, Brigante7 said:

I can pass my DAS if I had an auto clutch, it's the constant need to pull the clutch lever in and having to feather the clutch in mod1 that stops me.

Brigante7.

Graham (above) informs us that it's the clutch that has to be automatic to qualify for a restricted licence. So, I see the letters DCT in your future. :)

Guest Mac750

Volvo Vanhool coach, Pontiac Star Chief with three speed slush box or a Rover P6 V8 auto. Oops, sorry thought we was talking automatics then. 🤖

Brigante7
10 hours ago, Tex said:

Graham (above) informs us that it's the clutch that has to be automatic to qualify for a restricted licence. So, I see the letters DCT in your future. :)

The letters DCT are in my present, I have a 750X DCT. I should have wrote, I had to pass my DAS on a DCT.

Brigante7.