DDNDN Clutch initialisation.

Johnnieboy

embee

Welcome.

these things are best done at home ......................

• Like 1
bat-kam
10 minutes ago, embee said:

Welcome.

these things are best done at home ......................

Tell me about it.

on paper it looks simple enough. haha

• 3 years later...

Has anybody been stuck in initialization mode? I let it cool quite a bit and tried to preform the reset to get out of it with no luck. It let me ride with it stuck but the shifting was still really jumpy. I can't change to drive or sport it just shows them both on the screen highlighted. 

MikeBike
1 hour ago, Twinzy said:

Has anybody been stuck in initialization mode? I let it cool quite a bit and tried to preform the reset to get out of it with no luck. It let me ride with it stuck but the shifting was still really jumpy. I can't change to drive or sport it just shows them both on the screen highlighted.

Welcome to the forum. I've had what you describe, I thought there was no hope of sorting it, but IIRC I just kept retrying the procedure over a day or two and it sorted itself out.

It was a while ago and when you're madly trying all sorts of button presses and staring points it's not so clear exactly what was key.

On 23/06/2021 at 21:49, MikeBike said:

Welcome to the forum. I've had what you describe, I thought there was no hope of sorting it, but IIRC I just kept retrying the procedure over a day or two and it sorted itself out.

It was a while ago and when you're madly trying all sorts of button presses and staring points it's not so clear exactly what was key.

Thanks! I wasn't sure I was going to get a response on this seeing how old this thread is. I have tried to continue the reset but still have the same results. I can't get out of the re-init and afraid if I keep on trying I'm either going to kill the battery or starter from cycling so many times.

MikeBike
2 hours ago, Twinzy said:

Thanks! I wasn't sure I was going to get a response on this seeing how old this thread is. I have tried to continue the reset but still have the same results. I can't get out of the re-init and afraid if I keep on trying I'm either going to kill the battery or starter from cycling so many times.

I'm wondering if I disconnected the battery for a while. 

19 hours ago, MikeBike said:

I'm wondering if I disconnected the battery for a while. 

I did the same thing! Funny I'm one step behind. Haha sadly it didn't work. I'm going to try and take it to another dealer. They said if they are unable to figure it out then they will make a claim with honda for me.