16k service prices

Steveg

Mark8arker
7 hours ago, RC166 said:

I’d be interested to know how the £460 is broken down to individual parts and labour rates. This has confirmed I’m really out of touch with dealer servicing rates.

I’m very happy that I’m able to do most servicing and basic repairs on my vehicles, but always willing to learn more so I’m also interested in Daves idea.

Steve

8240CE48-2A9B-4454-B130-FA33B86F22EE_1_201_a.jpeg

• Thanks 2
MatBin

I wonder if that included valve check, 5 hrs seems quite a while for oil and filter change, though the air filter is a bit of a pig I believe?

Are the sparkplugs really £26 plus vat each? What are they made of? Solid Gold?

Edited by MatBin
Slowboy
3 hours ago, MatBin said:

I wonder if that included valve check, 5 hrs seems quite a while for oil and filter change, though the air filter is a bit of a pig I believe?

Are the sparkplugs really £26 plus vat each? What are they made of? Solid Gold?

The spark plugs are the iridium type. I’d be suspicious of any dealer that changed them at 16k, they are good for well over 50k, not like plugs of old. Mine were still in spec on my NC700 at 32k.

Jamesc
12 hours ago, davebike said:

Looks like a few are interested  I work up a day but I need to think re cv19 as my workspace is small!

Maybe can be done online by Zoom?))

@MatBin, spark plugs a little cheaper in the US if you don't mind the shipping cost.

https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=41472

Or about 14 quid each from Green Spark Plug Co. Ridiculous how much dealers mark up

Edited by Jamesco