DCT problems

Konstantin

davebike

When the clutch plates on the DCT are removed must they be replaced in the same order they were removed?

Must be   probably not

But it is good practice when stripping and rebuilding a clutch to keep the stack (plates) in the same order and direction but not in my view critical

• Thanks 3
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Konstantin

• davebike

• MatBin

• Slowboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is similar to holding the clutch in on a manual geared bike. Not good practice, since it over time could cause wear in the throwout bearing and clutch plates. Although the driven and driving plates

Indeed.  But for those who don't know, the DCT's clutches are disengaged when in the "relaxed" position.  Oil pressure is used to push them into engagement, so there is nothing equivalent to the manua

@davebike @slowboy @MikeBike   Thank you for your help. My problem is solved! Changed CLUTCH ASSY., Honda, 22500-MKA-D51 and now my bike ride well!

Konstantin
On 10.05.2021 at 09:10, davebike said:

No  it is  no 1 clutch OIL pressure issue 

As both clutches have been off to sort the shifter pin  I suspect an issue with replacing them it is major fiddly  hence my suspicion of the o rings

You really have to hope it not the clutch plates  as yet I not seen pattern and Honda sell the whole clutch ass as one piece £££!

I take it back to the workshop that did the shifter pin and get them to recheck what they did  I expect it to be either the o rings or a blocked oil feed between the no1 clutch and the servo valve on the cover

Seems it`s clutch plates ((

I taked it back to workshop.

And they found clutch plates very-very used, they damaged. Please see photo below.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

I ordered new one part from Japan and will waiting for delivery via 14 days...

CLUTCH ASSY., Honda, 22500-MKA-D51

Edited by Konstantin
Slowboy
3 hours ago, Konstantin said:

Seems it`s clutch plates ((

I taked it back to workshop.

And they found clutch plates very-very used, they damaged. Please see photo below.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

I ordered new one part from Japan and will waiting for delivery via 14 days...

CLUTCH ASSY., Honda, 22500-MKA-D51

glad you’re getting it sorted, I admire your perseverance with the problem.

Konstantin
3 hours ago, slowboy said:

glad you’re getting it sorted, I admire your perseverance with the problem.

Thanks. I crossed my fingers and waiting for new clutch assembly. I really hope it will solve the problem.

Slowboy
21 minutes ago, Konstantin said:

Thanks. I crossed my fingers and waiting for new clutch assembly. I really hope it will solve the problem.

We have our fingers crossed for you.👍🤞

• Like 1
MikeBike
On 14/04/2021 at 22:46, Konstantin said:

I have Honda NC750XD, 2014.

On 15/04/2021 at 06:43, Konstantin said:

I bought my bike used month ago. 16500 on odometer, but I think its wrong information, I think it's have atleast 60000 km. I think its have changed dashboard.

On 06/05/2021 at 20:00, Konstantin said:

3. I bought PIN Shifter (24315-HA0-000) and asked mechanic to check and change it.

And yes, this PIN SHIFTER was broken on my bike. It was just broken in half!

On 07/05/2021 at 07:38, davebike said:

I know as I have done lots of shifter pins

I'm surprised to hear that a 2014 750 bike had a broken shifter pin. I thought it was only early 700's that had this problem and the pins were redesigned on later models.

Dave, have you seen 750's with broken shifter pin?

I'd be curious to know what the recall checker says with your VIN number

https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/my-bike/maintenance/recalls-and-updates.html

Does your VIN contain RC72? if not what are the two numbers after RC?

Edited by MikeBike
Konstantin
2 hours ago, MikeBike said:

I'm surprised to hear that a 2014 750 bike had a broken shifter pin. I thought it was only early 700's that had this problem and the pins were redesigned on later models.

https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/my-bike/maintenance/recalls-and-updates.html

My VIN is JH2RC72CXEK000***

• Like 1
Konstantin
2 hours ago, MikeBike said:

I checked via recall checker, it says:

"According to our records, there is some outstanding work to be carried out:

-- Pud: combination meter erroneous display"

Jamesc

glad to hear you are finding the faults @Konstantin, even though it sounds more expensive than planned. At the end of this though you will have hopefully a solid reliable bike

• Thanks 1
MikeBike
2 hours ago, Konstantin said:

I checked via recall checker, it says:

"According to our records, there is some outstanding work to be carried out:

-- Pud: combination meter erroneous display"

So it's had a new dash, but looks like it's due a new one...

ChrisCB

Those clutches are a right old state! I've had two 90k+mile engines apart and the clutch plates were well within serviceable tolerance.

Konstantin
3 hours ago, Chris750 said:

Those clutches are a right old state! I've had two 90k+mile engines apart and the clutch plates were well within serviceable tolerance.

Your clutch plates via 90k mile looked better than mine? Did I understand you correctly?

ChrisCB
4 minutes ago, Konstantin said:

Your clutch plates via 90k mile looked better than mine? Did I understand you correctly?

Yes, like new.

Konstantin
21 minutes ago, Chris750 said:

Yes, like new.

It's very strange. I little bit confused why on my bike one of the clutch assembly is very bad, whenever second is Okay...

MatBin
7 hours ago, MikeBike said:

So it's had a new dash, but looks like it's due a new one...

Would the new dash have the odometer set to the value of the original or be set at zero, thereby not reflecting now the mileage the bike has actually done?

MikeBike
2 minutes ago, MatBin said:

Would the new dash have the odometer set to the value of the original or be set at zero, thereby not reflecting now the mileage the bike has actually done?

Zero I believe. Don't think there's a way for the dealer to input the mileage so they just make a note somewhere (service book?)

MatBin
3 minutes ago, MikeBike said:

Zero I believe. Don't think there's a way for the dealer to input the mileage so they just make a note somewhere (service book?)

Hmmm. When BMW cars get a new dash they transfer the mileage to the new dash, or so I was told.

Think I will go and check my vin tomorrow.

ChrisCB
6 minutes ago, MatBin said:

Hmmm. When BMW cars get a new dash they transfer the mileage to the new dash, or so I was told.

Think I will go and check my vin tomorrow.

This is an area where bikes are way behind on car technology, self diagnosis is only just emerging with TFT dashes. I was inputting mileages into VW group cars in the early 90's! 

outrunner
1 hour ago, Konstantin said:

It's very strange. I little bit confused why on my bike one of the clutch assembly is very bad, whenever second is Okay...

As Dave said, it's probably a fault with the sensor or the solenoid that controls the oil to operate the faulty clutch, I can think of no other reason to cause this damage to one set of plates.

Andy.

davebike

Shifter pin  I only seen one on a 750  5 or 6 on 700's  

So far my own 750 is fine !

• 2 weeks later...
Konstantin

@davebike @slowboy @MikeBike

Thank you for your help.

My problem is solved!

Changed CLUTCH ASSY., Honda, 22500-MKA-D51 and now my bike ride well!

• Like 3
outrunner
53 minutes ago, Konstantin said:

@davebike @slowboy @MikeBike

Thank you for your help.

My problem is solved!

Changed CLUTCH ASSY., Honda, 22500-MKA-D51 and now my bike ride well!

I am pleased to hear it is fixed, did the mechanics find the reason for one clutch failing and not the other?

Andy.

Konstantin
On 29/05/2021 at 00:50, outrunner said:

reason for one clutch failing and not the other?

Andy.

Unfortunately no, I think my bike have really big millage

kayz1

I would have thought it could be holding the bike on the throttle  ( in gear ) on a hill/hills and not using the brakes

Just a thought, do you have lots of hills.

Konstantin
14 hours ago, kayz1 said:

I would have thought it could be holding the bike on the throttle  ( in gear ) on a hill/hills and not using the brakes

Just a thought, do you have lots of hills.

Maybe, it's interesting version. I can neither confirm nor deny it.