NC750X DCT Chain and Sprockets sets

Gringo

Gringo

I'm sure there must be a thread on this topic somewhere....but I can't find one. My 2017 NC750X DCT requires new chain and sprocket set. It is just shy of 13000 miles. I'm assuming they are OE that are on it just now. What do you recommend? And also where from...Wemoto or Fowlers or somewhere else?

Bostedsprocket

I would go for JT sprockets and a D.I.D chain, JT also do chains and are quite good, the kit should be somewhere between £60-£80 and is easy enough to fit, especially if you have a centre stand makes life much easier.  

• Like 1
Grumpy old man
22 minutes ago, Bostedsprocket said:

I would go for JT sprockets and a D.I.D chain, JT also do chains and are quite good, the kit should be somewhere between £60-£80 and is easy enough to fit, especially if you have a centre stand makes life much easier.  

£60-80? Wow! Can you supply a link for future ref.

Cheers 

Bostedsprocket
Defender

I'd just be sure that I got a set for the 'DCT version' as some suppliers lists were incorrect for the '700DCT's and so I got supplied with the wrong rear sprocket when I changed mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Empty_Ten

I got this set https://www.that auction site.co.uk/itm/173907818196?fits=UKM_StreetName%3ADCT&hash=item287db6b6d4:g:3i0AAOSwaNBgrBCQ

It's more expensive than the one listed above by Bostedsprocket, but it is the ZVMX chain which is D.I.D's strongest/most durable one.  I am after maximum mileage possible and have had good results with it on my other bike (although that has a Supersprox Rear Sprocket) so went with the same chain.  JT rear sprocket seems fine, but the powder coating/finish has which comes into contact with the chain oiler has worn through - so there is a nice silver ring on it now.  Not fussed though, function over looks.

• Thanks 1