Another DCT shifter pin Integra 750 2015

davebike

davebike

I just having a coffee brake  got a 2015 Intreger 750 on the bench  this one from another trader!

Plastics and foot boards off  pull off clutch cover 

Oh look the shifter pin moves!

Clutches off Shift shaftm out cover hole to sump with rag remove mechinism poke out half the shifter pin unbolt other half and replace 

After coffee it a stright reassemble 

Ahh coffee!

• Like 2
Andy m

Great to see the traditions of British industry preserved in this way. I trust you will be putting the world to rights and/or reading the sports page right up to the last mouthful? 😁

Now you've done a few of these are you seeing anything common across the failures? There is something Honda can improve with these but I wouldn't like to guess what. Hardened pins etc. stand a chance of just moving the problem to a less accessible component. The low but not insignificant number of failures scream tolerance stack, the bottom spec pin not liking the top spec hole or whatever. 

Andy 

davebike

Current replacement pins are black not silver and hardened 

My guess from talking to customers is the pin only failes if you ignore Honda's advice to select netural then switch off but just put the stand down this appeares to stress the pin beond what was expected

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
jeremyr62
2 hours ago, davebike said:

you ignore Honda's advice to select netural then switch off

Guilty as charged. However, I am trying to ween myself off doing this. 

Xactly

RTFM and do what it says, says I. I bet most bikes that suffer this are owned by males…..😊

MatBin
5 hours ago, Xactly said:

RTFM and do what it says, says I. I bet most bikes that suffer this are owned by males…..😊

To be fair if the pin can't withstand ham fisted owners, I won't say males in case I am accused of being sexist, then Honda should have locked out key switch off unless in N or hardened the pin assembly, looks like they took the easy option unlike their cars which lock out key removal.

Edited by MatBin