annual service?

ASB

Slowboy
19 hours ago, MatBin said:

Didn't Fortnine do some oil tests?

Be good to see your results though Andy.

He did but on brand new bikes

• Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Bostedsprocket
On 03/12/2022 at 18:48, Andy m said:

You are only trying to blow the bloody doors off  compress a square section seal a bit like the washer in a domestic tap. No ten foot bars required.

I suspect the line Gorillas gun them on dry. 

A torque wrench is over kill, (and pointless if the certificate is out of date). The rubber will vary with temperature and how well you beaded it with oil to remove stiction. Better to just go hand tight then give it another flat if it dribbles. The rubber acts like a nylock so it won't undo.

I have to say I like the K&N filters with a nut welded on to start with. The Guzzi of course uses a bog roll inner, so no current worries on any of this.

Andy

I remember reading on K&N'S website that the nut welded on was for removal only not fitting, if over tightened the weld/filter can crack and leak oil, i have never used one myself so don't know how likely that is....... 

I remember reading on K&N'S website that the nut welded on was for removal only not fitting, if over tightened the weld/filter can crack and leak oil, i have never used one myself so don't know how likely that is....... 

Not that uncommon I seen 3 or4 in the workshop  and as we will not sell those with nuts I guess it is easy to overtighten!

• Like 1
Steve Case

Yup that'll be people who have to 'tweak' stuff to make sure it's on properly.

From memory it was about 15nm or finger tight.

• Thanks 1

The nut on K&N and HiFlo Racing usually have a small hole in the nut for lock wiring... 

changing the filter on the first oil change is very important, the oil and the filter will be contaminated with metal from the bedding in period, and different lubricants the engine builders use,