Tyre pressure(s)

MatBin

steeve139

Checking tyre pressures every week huh?

Don't you lose a bit of air in the tyre every time you connect or disconnect the pressure meter?  So don't you get gradual loss of air pressure due to over zealous pressure measuring?

And if it isn't the checking which is causing the pressure to drop, does the pressure fall for some other reason?  If the tyre pressure is the same every week, why don't you increase the time between measurements?

Sorry for all the questions, but I consider myself to be conscientious when it comes to maintenance (etc.) but I don't think I could check my tyre pressures every week.

Hi all, I use tyre pressure monitors bought on flea bay so know what the tyre pressures are all the time. Had a tiger 800 in 2018 run it in going to the mcn festival at Peterborough on the way home on a straight bit of motorway just before a nice bend i overtook a car what I did not know was I had a slow puncture as I passed the car the bike went in to a tank slapper the bike went one way I went the other way. The "t" shirt that says fat barstewards bounce better is wrong it bloody hurts lol.

• Sigh 1
  • Sad 3
Steve Case

Yeah i check every week just because i check all things every week.

I just go into the habit as its too easy to forget.

I'm also pretty sure the change in pressure due to checking is no different to that between a hot day followed by a cold day