Battery question

Potatoes

fred_jb
19 minutes ago, baldric said:

Also bear in mind that if you currently (sorry) have an optimate or oxford optimser for your lead acid battery it probably can't be used on the Lithium replacement. The charging rate is too high. there is a good guide at https://bikerrated.com/gear/maintenance/best-lithium-motorcycle-battery-charger/

Yes, you need to be aware of what your charger is compatible with. I have an Noco Genius charger which has settings for small lead acid, large lead acid, lithium, etc, so as long as I remember to change the setting I can use it with different types of battery.

On 16/10/2023 at 14:48, Xactly said:

I have one of those small starter packs with a lithium battery in it. Good for starting up to 2 litre petrol engines. Handy also for mobile phone charging etc. I find this easier to use access-wise than two huge car jump leads and way easier to pack on a bike. Mine is a Clarkes one but Halfords sell them.

As has been said, when replacing a battery always remove -ve first then +ve. Reverse to refit. It is to prevent eg screwdriver or spanner shorting to the frame. Not good but better than an Australian connection….

I too have one of those mini starter packs. Lots of types available and quite reasonably priced. 

I wasn’t convinced it would work due to its small size, but used it on a couple of cars and it did its stuff.  Handy to carry around with a DCT as they can’t be bump started. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have a 2013 Integra and the manual states it should have a Yuasa YTZ12S 12V/11AH so I have bought one from Moto-FC, it is 150mm x 87mm x 110mm high, made in Japan, but it does not appear to fit. Can anyone advise me if it should fit and it is just both me and Honda mechanic here in Dubai who are n't smart enough to get it into the space provided. It appears too tall to fit vertically and is too deep to lie it down, it fits laid over but you cannot get the cover back on. Appreciate any help you can offer. 

Welcome to the forum @Duncsand👍 It is definitely the battery Fowlers and Yuasa list for your integra and the sizes you quote are correct for it so something must be getting in the way. Honda INTEGRA 2013 BATTERY supplied next day (UK only) by Fowlers Parts Sorry I don't have an Integra to measure for comparison.