8000 service cost?

Guest geordiedancer71

Same here, Renato, 8000 mile service, plus they phoned me to say front brake pads would need changing soon, so would they like them to change them while bike was on the rack. Like  a fool I said yes without checking the cost. Grand total £447 !

Yup, I got that but they didn't have any in stock. I bought some EBC pads off that auction site for £20 and put them in myself - pathetically easy, just one single brake pin to unscrew and that's it! Took me 30 minutes, of which 10 minutes was spent getting all my tools out (most of which I didn't need)...with practice, can be done in 5 minutes, I reckon :-)

Edited by nelmo
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocker66

• Mike5100

• JaseR

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had my 8000 service completed - decided to go with Kent Motorcycles in Barham - what thoroughly nice chaps. It's a 100 mile round trip for me, but what a breath of fresh air these guys are - real

2 quotes so far 156 Batley Honda. 150 castle motors castleford.

Good end result there Jase

mcress

My 8000 service is due and I mailed round the dealers in range of where I live:

Dealer 1. 287.00 Insisted that the 750 needed valve check at 8000 (despite me pointing out that the handbook states 16000 and I have it in writing directly from Honda that it's 16000).

Dealer 2. 245.00

Dealer 3. 187.00

Dealer 4. 125-145.

Dealer 1. 287.00 Insisted that the 750 needed valve check at 8000 (despite me pointing out that the handbook states 16000 and I have it in writing directly from Honda that it's 16000).

Dealer 2. 245.00

Dealer 3. 187.00

Dealer 4. 125-145.

Does dealer 4 know what a motorbike is?  :D  I'd want to check what he included for that price...

Guest Southerner

I am a bit confused about te valves needing inspecting/adjusting at 8000 miles as according to the handbook it needs doing  every 16000 miles as is the case with most Honda motorcycle engines. I would have thought this would be far more likely as the engine is derived from a car one which normally have longer service intervals than bikes.

Nic Lancaster Lichfield.

Where's the confusion? It's 16k miles on the 750, 8k on the 700.

Don't let a dealer tell you otherwise.

Guest dentonlad

Dealer 2. 245.00

Dealer 3. 187.00

Dealer 4. 125-145.

Without the valve check and half an hour of other bits my 8000 service would have been about £150. Northern labour rates so £50 p.h rather than £60 and I have a K&N so no air filter replacement.

Do all the prices include VAT?

mcress

Yep - all included VAT.

Interestingly, Dealer 4. seems to be the 'Dealer Of Choice' that has been mentioned by a few people on this forum.

Guest sllewji

Interestingly, Dealer 4. seems to be the 'Dealer Of Choice' that has been mentioned by a few people on this forum.

Don't keep us in suspense - _name_ them! :D

Edited by sllewji
Guest nico

I did not realise the NC 700 had a different service plan as I have just got my 750. Seems strange they have different service intervals for the valve check.
nic lancaster Lichfield.

Called into my dealer about the nc750 8000 mile service to be quoted £240 , stood there and told him 750 valve check is 16000 miles and after checking the schedule he quoted £130 . Seems right to me !

Guest Southerner

Called into my dealer about the nc750 8000 mile service to be quoted £240 , stood there and told him 750 valve check is 16000 miles and after checking the schedule he quoted £130 . Seems right to me !

I think it's pretty pi** poor that a Honda dealer (if indeed that is who you are referring to) can get servicing requirements so wrong, needing to be corrected by the customer.

Same happened to me when I was checking servicing costs for the 750 - Even Doble's got it wrong by telling me it was an annual valve check - lol or what?!

I have read a lot about valves being done or checked at 8000 miles or 12months, well ring Honda main office in Swindon Ask for the service section,they will tell you ,liked they said to me 16000 miles is when they need looking at and every 16000 miles there after....Ride Safe..

Just had my 8000 service completed - decided to go with Kent Motorcycles in Barham - what thoroughly nice chaps. It's a 100 mile round trip for me, but what a breath of fresh air these guys are - really nice people. All work carried out by the book, oil and filter changed, front and rear pads cleaned and brake paste applied, everything else ticked off and checked. And the bill? 101.76 inc vat - amazing.....

Totally recommended.

Cheers,

Mike.

• Like 2
Rocker66

Just had my 8000 service completed - decided to go with Kent Motorcycles in Barham - what thoroughly nice chaps. It's a 100 mile round trip for me, but what a breath of fresh air these guys are - really nice people. All work carried out by the book, oil and filter changed, front and rear pads cleaned and brake paste applied, everything else ticked off and checked. And the bill? 101.76 inc vat - amazing.....

Totally recommended.

Cheers,

Mike.

I hope that bonekicker reads this :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tamashii-hyu

Thunderroad Bridgend have suggested I take out a service plan for the NC750 for the first 3 services for a single payment of £399 this covers

First Service @ 600 usually £120

2nd Service at 8000 or 1 year usually £280

and the third at 16000 or 2 years usually £380

Would seem to be a bargain, or not, got till 1st service to decide.....

H

Mike5100

first service should be free - second service about £200 .... never get to the 3rd  :D

Mike

Rocker66

Sadly the first service is no longer automatically free but at the dealers discretion. 

The first service at 600 miles by the dealer I bought the bike from cost me 135 quid. That's a lot for an oil change and one of the reasons I looked elsewhere for my 8000. Kent motorcycles in Barham will be getting all my future business including any future Honda purchases.....

Cheers,

Mike.

Rocker66

The first service at 600 miles by the dealer I bought the bike from cost me 135 quid. That's a lot for an oil change and one of the reasons I looked elsewhere for my 8000. Kent motorcycles in Barham will be getting all my future business including any future Honda purchases.....

Cheers,

Mike.

And you can get a decent meal whilst your there

Rocker you are soooo right - I had the H's Mega Breakfast - I only just finished it before they finished my service!!

Cheers,

Mike.

Guest EasyTiger

Thunderroad Bridgend have suggested I take out a service plan for the NC750 for the first 3 services for a single payment of £399 this covers

First Service @ 600 usually £120

2nd Service at 8000 or 1 year usually £280

and the third at 16000 or 2 years usually £380

Would seem to be a bargain, or not, got till 1st service to decide.....

H

Thunder Road Cwmbran charged me considerably less (£145 incl loaner) for the 8,000 mile service, including valve check and adjustment.

First service oil and filter + visual checks - £120 is a lot...  Some dealers just charge for the consumables if they have sold you the bike..

ScaredyCat

What level service are people getting on the 8k service (Only done 5637 miles)?

I've just got back from collecting my bike and they did a level 1 service and checked the valves (they were within tolerance) and they fitted the Aprilia Dorsoduro handguards and it cost me £199

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DH1900

I booked my 8000 mile service yesterday, initially, the dealer insisted that the valves needed checking, after I pointed out that it wasn't in the manual he grabbed one from a new NC to double check at which point he relented and apologised for the mixup, final quote was £130. I think the dealers might be getting the wrong literature from Honda or someone lazilly changed the heading from 700 to 750.

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine done last Friday from local dealer. Total came to 185 quid of which labour was 120. Had a chat with technician after who said the valves were ok and had not needed adjustment. He also said the chain looking healthy even though I have only ever cleaned it once but do keep it oiled well enough.

• 1 month later...
Guest The saint

Bike (700X) in for 8K service today. 

Went with Bransons in Gloucester. Was quoted £250+ (more depending on how much valves need adjusting)  :cry:

Have a 750S manual loaner - it's amazingly more refined that the 700X. Turns quicker, and the engine and gearbox are so smooth. Brakes feel much better too, more progressive. 

I probably wouldn't upgrade, but if I had the choice now, I'd probably opt for the 750 over the 700 due to the refinements.

The S also feels noticeably smaller. I guess the seat height's down a bit on the X. It probably looks like a monkey bike with me on it :)