NC700X - Cleaning the grey 'bellypan' part

Guest The Mad Jock

Guest The Mad Jock

Thanks for replies, considering I started the thread I still haven't got round to trying to clean the plastic bit!  Seems I'm not the only one narked about how it looks though.

Guest fresh air

I have used my wifes "astonish" kitchen cleaner with a green scouring pad, which seems to work a treat. Got the astonish from the local £1 shop.

It is mildly abrasive but does not damage the plastic. My next plan if this stops getting it clean is to stop caring and just ride the damn thing :D

Don't forget the Marigold gloves.  :D

edgey999

I have used my wifes "astonish" kitchen cleaner with a green scouring pad, which seems to work a treat. Got the astonish from the local £1 shop.

It is mildly abrasive but does not damage the plastic. My next plan if this stops getting it clean is to stop caring and just ride the damn thing :D

Don't forget the Marigold gloves.  :D

This (obviously) goes without saying DUH.......... :frantics:  :flowers:

Guest seanmc

Cleaned the grey plastic bit as well as i could, Just finished spraying with black plasti dip....Looks pretty good so far, just need to re assemble

• Like 2
wozza

Cleaned the grey plastic bit as well as i could, Just finished spraying with black plasti dip....Looks pretty good so far, just need to re assemble

Post a picture please...:)

Guest SloMo

Hi

Cleaned mine with ACF50 on a cloth - came up a treat.  Added  bonus that it is also then protected from future crap.  Re-apply (on a cloth) after each wash as it is a high impact area.

deecat

I have just cleaned mine with some industrial Hand cleaner ,the type that has a gritty feel and it has come up like new.

I applied it with a sponge .

Edited by deecat
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone over on the US site has done all his panels in matt black Plasti-dip. The cans are only $6 out at the Home Depot stores so I will be picking up a few on my trip next month :)

Guest chickenflaps

Tony, which product is that one, coz actual Plasti-Dip (original product) spray tins were now around £22-25? Well they were on my very brief search yesterday.

Gunmetal sounds pretty good I must admit....

Here's a Harley heavy metal chrome rear light which I sprayed with plasti-dip. The  chrome underneath is protected from the elements.

rearlight.jpg

nice table...

[quote name="wozza" post="30882" timestamp="1365754450"

nice table...

Yeah it is isn't it.....lol

• 1 month later...

Was wondering what everyone does in terms of cleaning their pride and joy? Do you use a pressure washer? Any fancy expensive cleaning products? Is there a step by step process that you follow?

I generally hose it down spray some diluted muck off , then rinse it off , and polish with a bit of Mr sheen, seems to keep mine quite clean especially during the horrible winter months

• 1 month later...
ScaredyCat

Someone over on the US site has done all his panels in matt black Plasti-dip. The cans are only $6 out at the Home Depot stores so I will be picking up a few on my trip next month :)

Plastidip is no good on areas of high abrasion, it'll just start to peal off and areas that you rub (steady now). Luckily for you it's dirt cheap, so respraying isn't too costly, but here in the UK it's rather expensive.

I've now resorted to using it as liquid masking tape instead.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Todd L.

Plastidip is also no good if gas hits it. It will instantly peel off! I saw someone brag about how good their gas tank looked until they filled it up at a gas station and he spilled a little. It just dissolved right off and I felt really bad for the guy.