Brake pads

Guest nc700sam

Tonyj

Probably should've include in the statement that I'm a rubbish rider who couldn't tell the difference and also I've got more money then sense. Sounding like a lonely hearts ad now:0)

DaveM59

Remember as has been stated on here in another post, OEM pads could be any brand that have the current supply deal as Honda don't make their own, so is quite likely why you can't tell the difference, also probably the same with oil filters, air filters, tyres, bulbs and other perishables.

So your OEM pads could easily be EBC or Kyoto or even Armstrong, so it is pretty much irrelevant as long as you stay clear of ridiculously cheap no name ones that just can't be any good.

Edited by DaveM59
  • Like 1
Guest Flanker37

I've checked every piece of paperwork I've got, and its looking like my brake pads are the originals fitted.  And i'm coming up to 15k.  Would you say these have lasted OK?

I'm going to replace front & back as soon as i can, i don't want to tempt fate by trying to push them another 1000 miles

Guest dentonlad

I've checked every piece of paperwork I've got, and its looking like my brake pads are the originals fitted.  And i'm coming up to 15k.  Would you say these have lasted OK?

I'm going to replace front & back as soon as i can, i don't want to tempt fate by trying to push them another 1000 miles

Mine lasted just shy of 14,000 miles and were replaced at the three year service and MOT.