Second Service

dandemann8

8000 mile service  Belfast Honda £128.99.  Plus had a MSX125 for 24hrs.  (great wee fun bike)

Labour was £58.     1 1/2 hours down to it.  Included new replacement clock.

The rest was oil, filters, washer, oil disposal and mr VAT man.

Mo.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dandemann8

• nabrU

• Rocker66

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the bike has only done 4500 miles - only 3900 miles since an oil and filter change. I would do a mini service (quite easy on the NC) and change the engine oil and filter plus oil the chain if you d

For any London based folk I can recommend Motoden. Yes the costs are slightly higher (£175 for the 8k service) but a nice bunch of guys, no hassle and my v dirty bike came back spotless.

That's helpful Micheal as thats the only item i am taking to a mech to do so its a plug in job and if theirs no need to adjust they don not do but do they still charge the 2 hours labour by say they h

wpbrown

8000 mile service  Belfast Honda £128.99.  Plus had a MSX125 for 24hrs.  (great wee fun bike)

Labour was £58.     1 1/2 hours down to it.  Included new replacement clock.

The rest was oil, filters, washer, oil disposal and mr VAT man.

Mo.

Booked in there for first 12 month service at 3k miles next week. Had been wondering what cost to expect.

Just picked up our bike after the first service when we got the clocks changed also. £151 in total including 4 litres of Mobil Power 1 10-30 oil which I thought was quite good.

On another note the bike is changing gear completly differnt in D hanging onto gears way longer than befor the service. Wonder if it's been re-progammed or something....maybe just reset with the power disconnected for replacing the clocks?

Guest Carl_L

Wonder if it's been re-progammed or something.

My clocks were also changed at 1st service. Picked it up with 5 miles on clocks & average mpg of 37mpg after the mechanic had taken it for a 'test' ride. Perhaps it's learned the mechanic's riding style?

Should soon re-adjust to your style (though IIRC the manual details a procedure to reset to factory default, or maybe I've made that up? )

Edited by Carl_L
suffolk58

8000 mile service today was £160, including wiring in the Sat Nav, and freeing off a stiff centre stand (which is still a bit stiff).

Par for the course I guess.

giley

Where was that at martin?

suffolk58

Lings Honda of Ipswich Giles.

(I bought the bike from John Banks, who are lovely people to deal with, but awkward for me, as I live 30 miles from them).

Defender

Mine is approaching 8000 miles fast and it's first MOT will be due soon, I had it serviced last June so will be due again, i'll get the MOT done locally, at the same place where I take my (classic car) to, the everyday car, also a Honda, gets serviced and MOT'd at the dealers, as it's cheaper there, that's due this month.

I use HGB as they're my nearest dealer now, which seems strange as there used to have several much nearer, but over the last few years have closed or taken different franchises on.

They're just round the corner from Ruislip Manor tube station so I catch a train upto London in the morning and then collect it late afternoon.

Guest hirsute1956

Second service (16k) and MOT yesterday. Brake pads came up on advisory so had them changed. £334 from local independent.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markc

I suppose we should count ourselves lucky - the 12000 mile service  on a Triumph Street triple is an eye watering £500 to £600! I guess it is a similar price for other triples.  This was a good reason for me to change to the Honda.