First service

Guest Jonnyboy

JM750XDE

Methinks they taketh the pith. I've called another waiting for call back.

Guest phantom309

8000 mile service £249 .....yes you can guess i won't be going back to bransons( now " thunder road" ) in gloucester

JM750XDE

Cheapest £155 most expensive £180

Guest equesta

Doble's quoted me £180+VAT for my 12mth/8k service. Probably on the pricey side, but I think I have a £20/£30 money off voucher I can use.

Speaking to the service guy, there are two levels - one which is "12 months" and "8k". The 8k includes valve clearance checks, which isn't included in the 12 month service if you've not done anywhere near 8k, so slightly cheaper.

Guest simon

Doble's quoted me £180+VAT for my 12mth/8k service. Probably on the pricey side, but I think I have a £20/£30 money off voucher I can use.

Speaking to the service guy, there are two levels - one which is "12 months" and "8k". The 8k includes valve clearance checks, which isn't included in the 12 month service if you've not done anywhere near 8k, so slightly cheaper.

It's been said before - if you have a 750, then the valves are every 16k, not 8k.

dazznutts

if you play that for a service you've been robbed 

JM750XDE

I had a result on 600 mile service.

Just collected the bike and they gave me £109 discount - so I feel justified in my wanton spending.

They fitted all the parts I asked for and didn't charge the earth.

Faith restored.

dazznutts

what did they charge for the service james

Guest Southerner

Don't be taken for a ride when it comes to service items based on mileage. Just because something might be due on an 8000 mile/2 year basis, if you haven't done 8000 miles for that item (700 valves for example) it doesn't need doing. 

JM750XDE

Hi Dazznuts,

They only charged me £50 for the service after checking the itemised receipt.

dazznutts

my 600 miles service was under a £100