Crappy DCT or not

Guest Firebladeaid

Rev Ken

It could well be a glitch in the software - I've had three VWs with DSG gearboxes - the same technology as DCT boxes, and everyone has had to have software 'patches' to cure some interesting faults, one of which was similar to your 'surging(?)' so don't let them get away with palming you off! (Our first DSG box was eventually linked directly to Germany and the software completely reinstalled with a later version.)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• embee

• fred_jb

• Tonyj

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've started using manual mode more often at lower speeds. I find that in 'D' mode the gearbox changes gear too much at the wrong moment. Also the suspension upsets my right hand throttle position ove

It all sounds very odd to me, I've done 6k miles on my 750 X DCT and hardly had any probs with the gear changes in S or D modes. Maybe a few times in slow traffic where it's changed up or down unexpe

I can get mine flustered if I decelerate very sharply from speed then ask for full power exiting a bend.  It doesn't seem to able to catch up quick enough.  But that doesn't happen enough to be a prob

...oh, this german perfection these days...

I see VW are now selling all there latest models for the maximum value achievable

£1:50.

:-)

SORRY for going off topic

• 1 year later...

any updates? 

If your issue is not yet solved and since I have no idea if what related posts may have been posted on this forum please note 

that there seems to be a small number of DCT gearboxes affected by wear on the parts numbered 6(most affected), 9, 14, 15 as shown here with symptoms as you describe and all is fixed and back to normal after these parts are replaced with no expensive labor involved

Edited by Mi_ka