8000 mile service disappointment

fred_jb

Addressed to Mike Doble?

At least the grips seem good now.

Well...I did send an email to Mike Doble yesterday and today got a reply from the guy that sold me the bike. He sends me a full page email adressing all the points I raised and it and all that he offers me is a complementary oil and filter change. He can keep it. I'm going to look elsewhere to sevice my bike.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• grilo67

• fred_jb

• Rocker66

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got back earlier from taking my bike for its 1 year/8000 mile service.    I knew the chain needed adjusting, but thought I might as well leave it to them, but decided to check if they had done it when

Fred, I've been impressed with the new V-Strom 1000 since BIKE magazine rode one from their office in Peterborough back to the factory in Japan. A proper 'road test' that was!

Nasty things solenoids Fred. Hope you recovered quickly and are now in good health.

Rocker66

Well...I did send an email to Mike Doble yesterday and today got a reply from the guy that sold me the bike. He sends me a full page email adressing all the points I raised and it and all that he offers me is a complementary oil and filter change. He can keep it. I'm going to look elsewhere to sevice my bike.

A quick trip down the A2 to Kent M/Cs will get you excellent service

• Like 1

A quick trip down the A2 to Kent M/Cs will get you excellent service

Thanks Rocker66. Have read good things about those guys in this forum. There's also another one, closer to me in Gatwick, P & H Motorcycles. Wonder if they're worth considering too?

Rocker66

Thanks Rocker66. Have read good things about those guys in this forum. There's also another one, closer to me in Gatwick, P & H Motorcycles. Wonder if they're worth considering too?

I have heard of P&H but know nothing of them. I'm sure others will be able to tell you about them

Guest Eddie19

I agree with Rocker66 about Kent M/C. I've purchased five Hondas from them over the past ten years and overall have had very good service. I maintain my CB1300S and Africa Twin myself now, but always buy OE service parts from Kent M/Cs. My previous CBF1000 and current NC750X were/are serviced there for a reasonable price and to a good standard. Equally, I try to buy aftermarket bits and pieces from them, rather than off the net, because I want them to stay in business. I've had a couple of minor glitches with them, both of which were sorted without feeble excuses, and with no acrimony from either side. I'm a happy customer.

Kent M/C seems to be very highly rated. The only problem for me is that I live in SE London and it works out a bit of a travel but hey, might just pay them a visit, service being every 8000 miles, it's not too bad.

Guest Southerner

Kent M/C seems to be very highly rated. The only problem for me is that I live in SE London and it works out a bit of a travel but hey, might just pay them a visit, service being every 8000 miles, it's not too bad.

Might it be more convenient for you if Kent M/Cs do Saturday servicing.

Was it Paul Styles that responded to your email?

Might it be more convenient for you if Kent M/Cs do Saturday servicing.

Was it Paul Styles that responded to your email?

Don't know what went wrong here! Ant way...to answer you question, Southerner, yes it was Paul. Quite surprised it was him. It's a real shame because I'm pretty near to them. They obviously don't care about my custom. Plenty more dealers out there, I'm sure! Kent M/C are very well rated here so when the time comes I'll give them a call and see what they say.

Rocker66

Don't know what went wrong here! Ant way...to answer you question, Southerner, yes it was Paul. Quite surprised it was him. It's a real shame because I'm pretty near to them. They obviously don't care about my custom. Plenty more dealers out there, I'm sure! Kent M/C are very well rated here so when the time comes I'll give them a call and see what they say.

In reply to Southerners postb yes Kent M/Cs do Saturday servicing

I can go during the week too! I do shift work and sometimes rest on week days.

Rocker66

I can go during the week too! I do shift work and sometimes rest on week days.

Thats good but I suggest that you don't book a Tuesday as the cafe is closed Tuesdays during the winter

Thats good but I suggest that you don't book a Tuesday as the cafe is closed Tuesdays during the winter

Thanks for the info. The bike has 4500 miles at the moment. I think it may reach the 8000 spring/ summer, so still a bit to go.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

After a couple of months of standing my ground with Doble, they finally agreed to offer me a full 8000 mile complementary service, after threatening never to buy another bike from them. Good result, I'd say!