A warm right hand

Guest garcher

Guest garcher

The wires coming out of your switch/ controller. 1 lot goes to power the other 2 go to each hand grip. Swop these two around and see if it's the left grip that now gets warmer. If it is them the controller is feeding the hot one first and needs changing.

I'll give that a bash, cheers Robin :)

Rev Ken

I agree. three heat settings

it appears there are several versions as I can assure you I have 5 settings on my CBF1000 OEM heated grips (+ off)!

Guest dentonlad

it appears there are several versions as I can assure you I have 5 settings on my CBF1000 OEM heated grips (+ off)!

5 heat settings on the Honda grips fitted on my 2015 Crossrunner.

3 heat settings on the Honda grips fitted to my Mk1 2007 CBF1000.

Englishman

Well as we are on the NC owners Forum and not the CBF1000 Forum my posts and instructions would I thought have been taken as being associated with and in direct relation to the Honda NC range.

Perhaps I should have made this perfectly clear for some

So just for clarity and to avoid any further confusion , I was and have been referring to my Honda NC750X heated grips as fitted by the Honda dealer from new

Other dealers, manufacturers and models such as the CBF 1000 may (obviously) have heated grips of a different manufacture, with different functions and heat output, with different controls, different number of heat settings (including "off"), different shapes and colours, different modes of operation and wiring requirements and so on.

Please accept my humble apologies if I mislead anyone into thinking that all heated grips were exactly the same that certainly was not my intention of course.

Rev Ken

I confess I assumed Honda fitted the same heated grips from the same bin on all their models apart from the lower spec 180 degree grips.

Sorry for adding to the confusion!

• 2 weeks later...
Mike5100

Well, I switched the wire around and it seems to have stopped the problem! Bizarre but good enough for me :)

Was there any indication as to which way round they should have been connected?  It's worth knowing in case anyone else has the problem in the future.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DelBoy

So, I've got what I think are Honda grip heaters. The activation button is on the left hand control set and has 3 settings...

The issue I have is the right grip is always an order of magnitude hotter than the left. I've had a poke around in the manual but it doesn't mention the grip heaters anywhere...

Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the temperatures of the left and right grips?

Cheers :)

(I leave the innuendo puns on the title to you guys)

It is a common problem with heated grips. It is because the right hand grip is better insulated from the bars because of the throttle body.