dct recalibration for 2016 bike

Mike5100

Guest machinman

I have the NC700 X/S manual, the procedure is on 12-120 onwards (121 and 122). Paraphrasing the procedure and clarifying some questions raised .......

Have engine at normal temperature, check fan is not running, select neutral, switch off using key (NOT the kill switch).

Don't touch the throttle during the following procedure. The 2016 appears to be different for this.

Hold gear selector button on D and turn on ignition

Continue to hold D until yellow check engine light (MIL) goes out, then release it

press selector button in quick succession in the sequence DDNDN

In the gear display the D and S will show, and the dash ( - ) should blink at 2 sec intervals

the system is now ready for learning the clutch initialisation

press the starter and start the engine

wait for the D&S and the " - " to go out.

Initialisation is now complete, you can stop the engine and then use it as normal.

Note that if you have changed the ECU or clutch pack then other things can flash, but for a simple reset the above should describe it.

If the dash " - " flashes rapidly at 0.5sec intervals or the D&S don't go out the procedure has failed, and you should go though the procedure again.

Have just carried out the procedure you described successfully and I will say most of the low speed abruptness has gone. D mode is much more tolerable now.

Thanks a million Embee

Wedgepilot

A quick note to say that I've just done the ECU reset, followed by the DCT reset following the excellent instructions provided on the forum, and had a quick bimble around the block.

There was a noticeably smaller clunk engaging first (might be my imagination) and D mode does seem much smoother. I'll find out for sure on the commute tomorrow morning!

Thanks to all who contributed :)