64k service

Huskyteer

Huskyteer

Honda of Bournemouth performed the 64k service last week (actually 66 and a bit). Nothing major came to light, and for the first time ever it came in at under the quoted price. Apparently the air filter was spotless and didn't need replacing.

Advisories: notchy steering head bearings and too much play in the rear suspension.

They even washed it  B)

• Like 6
Huskyteer

Touch wood, it's going really well; I've let my previous maxi-scooters go around 50k because they felt all used up. Had it nearly 4 years now!

in the "olden days" you could have a grease nipple to lube both ends of the suspension-head and swinging arm -Wonder why not now? they tell us bearings are "sealed for life" -who's life? I had my s/a and fork bearing greased to be sure as we have all heard about dry bearings on the NC - but a nipple of 2 would make it a DIY job

bazza the greaser

• Like 1

Alice, I have, just out of interest, been scouring the internet to try and gauge the reliability of a DCT gearbox. The answer has been on the doorstep all the time. Thanks for the post.

Guest machinman

Alice, I have, just out of interest, been scouring the internet to try and gauge the reliability of a DCT gearbox. The answer has been on the doorstep all the time. Thanks for the post.

I was thinking exactly the same☺

hi , my nc700s dct is three years old now, just had mot. Iam at 50k miles now and not a problem apart from tyres and chain. Need to run it for another few years, fingers crossed. May even check valves soon last checked at 8k. Hope iam not tempting fate. It has had a hard life filtering and riding in and out of london, clicking up and down the gearbox and to be honest surprised its still running sweet at moment. 

Edited by putz
Huskyteer

Good to know! I'm hoping to keep mine for another couple of years, too.

Guest machinman

hi , my nc700s dct is three years old now, just had mot. Iam at 50k miles now and not a problem apart from tyres and chain. Need to run it for another few years, fingers crossed. May even check valves soon last checked at 8k. Hope iam not tempting fate. It has had a hard life filtering and riding in and out of london, clicking up and down the gearbox and to be honest surprised its still running sweet at moment.

Nice to know the DCT has longevity. London is certainly a good test for any vehicle.
DaveM59

So in all that mileage, what wear and tear have you had to sort out, steering bearings, wheel bearings, brake callipers and discs, struts/shockers, battery etc?

Apart from a couple of DCT glitches with sensors I don't recall you having many issues at all and I think you will agree your bike is a tool for a job, not a thing to be overly pampered and only used in nice weather.

Huskyteer

It's had a new front disc and it goes through a chain every 15k or so. Replaced the rear shock recently as the original had deteriorated. But really not a lot!

• Like 1
DaveM59

That's pretty good compared to your previous bikes. I noticed your front disc is a different shape to mine and Paul's in your Three Integras picture.

Have you had the rear suspension play investigated or are you leaving well alone until after next weeks ride?

Huskyteer

My local guy reckons one of the bearings is shot where the dog bones are mounted. On order from Fowlers...

• 3 weeks later...

Had a CX 650 euro sport once try to kill me, the "pro link " mono shock linkage had siezed over a wet winters commute, it then un siezed whilst leaning into a tight bend at speed. Luckily nothing coming in the opposite direction as I wobbled across the road like Ann Widdicombe on Strictly.

Why don't they add grease nipples ? even as a kid my 1966 moped had a grease nipple on the swing arm such as it was. :(

Huskyteer

66, 000 miles?!! - do you ever get off it?  :hyper:  

It's not easy at the end of a long day!

• Like 1
Huskyteer

I would love to get it to 100,000, keeping it another 2 years.

However, I recently realised I was riding very nervously, because I was aware of how minor an accident would write it off. No point keeping it if I'm not enjoying it, so I'm trying to have an attitude of 'oh well, I've already done more miles than on any previous bike'.

Rocker66

I would love to get it to 100,000, keeping it another 2 years.

However, I recently realised I was riding very nervously, because I was aware of how minor an accident would write it off. No point keeping it if I'm not enjoying it, so I'm trying to have an attitude of 'oh well, I've already done more miles than on any previous bike'.

Would you replace it with another Integra or go for something completely different?

Huskyteer

Would you replace it with another Integra or go for something completely different?

Not sure yet - who knows what will be available when the time comes? But I'm very pleased with the Integra and Honda in general, so it's likely I'll stick with them. 

• Like 1

There's a lovely, white Integra 750 with your name on it, Alice. Whenever you're ready, I'm in no hurry.. :D :D

• Like 1

Impressive mileage Alice well done. Here's me thinking I was the only one that likes to ride lots of miles. I am going for the 100,000 miles on mine as well. Just spent £550 on tyres,bearings,battery,spark plugs,pads and a once over does yours cost much to keep? 

• Like 1
Huskyteer

Roddy, the biggest cost is servicing, as it seems to come round very quickly...Tyres and chains are the most expensive consumables it gets through.

Good work, Tex, keep it nice for me :)

• Like 1

This is great to hear. Viva Integra. 

However yes the servicing is expensive. Do you use always use a Honda dealer to service?