Chain Adjustment related shenanigans

Guest SlinKO PLuSh

arengle
On 19/01/2017 at 10:05, Mike5100 said:

It's to do with tightening up the axle.  I thought I had solved the problem (buy constantly being aware of it) but found last week the same as you - the offside plate was rattling.

Some pople on here must know a good way of once you have got the axle in the right place, tightened up the adjuster nuts, how to prevent eiither side moving backover as you tighten the axle nuts.  I have used the wooden part of a hammer in the chain on the near side, but haven't worked out a way of keeping the offside one in position?

Mike

ratchet strap... use one to strap the two wheels together once you did the adjustment, or you can strap the back wheel to the front of the swing arm

if you remove the back wheel the strap is also useful to tide the centre stand to the front wheel to be sure that the bike will not fall from stand

Grumpy old man
6 hours ago, arengle said:

ratchet strap... use one to strap the two wheels together once you did the adjustment, or you can strap the back wheel to the front of the swing arm

if you remove the back wheel the strap is also useful to tide the centre stand to the front wheel to be sure that the bike will not fall from stand

Can alsobe used for removing/fitting centre stand spring

Multi function tool😊