NC700X DCT Gearbox issue

makman

embee

Never heard of it happening on a 750. IIRC the part number changed, possibly indicating the method of manufacture changed. The broken ones seem to be a welded construction by all accounts, and they have fractured at the weld. Maybe they switched to a one piece manufacture?

If it was mine I'd leave it alone.

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• makman

• Tex

• embee

• pjm

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mechanic contacted me.  Broken Shifter Pin!!  So diagnosis via forum was bang on the money.  £155 all in to sort. Very fair price and hopefully, weather permitting, I'll collect the bike tomorrow. I w

I could point you to a dealer. And if you mention my name they’ll give you special treatment (charge you double and frisk you when you leave..)     Good luck. 

Yebbut what year, model and most importantly what colour!!! I just cannot make up my mind!  Looks like it will be red/black/blue or a mix of the lot.

3 hours ago, embee said:

If it was mine I'd leave it alone.

Wholeheartedly agree. Absolutely nothing we have seen so far indicates that the problem carried over into the 750. We would know by now, I’m sure of that.

A very interesting thread. I'm glad you managed to get your bike sorted at not too great expense - in fact quite cheap really when you consider how expensive repairs can be. 

Rocker66

Glad that’s all sorted

Decided not to collect the bike today.  Too much ice on the roads and more snow on the way this afternoon.  I can cope with public transport for today and Monday/Tuesday.

Roads are very bad down the side streets with layers of ice.  Not work taking a risk, especially since it is now rideable and is actually pretty much mint! I'm going to keep it that way!

• Like 3