corrosion on engine casings

xxxfb

Hi.

Having just acquired a 2018 nc750x dct which didn' t look as tho' it hadn't cleaned since purchase, I pressure washed it (carefully) and was pleasantly surprised to find that all was well except for patches of corrosion on the engine, where the paint had flaked off as well. It's the only part of the bike that's suffered like this.

Has anyone any suggestions about how best to treat this? Products and methods, please?

I've tried doing searches on the forum but it's playing up, so I thought I'd post in hope.

I need to read up on how to send pictures!

Thanks

Mike

Rocker66

Hi welcome to the forum. With regards to posting pictures I can PM you a very simple method using post image which is a free program which saves your pictures taking up space on the forums server.

1 hour ago, Rocker66 said:

With regards to posting pictures I can PM you a very simple method using post image which is a free program which saves your pictures taking up space on the forums server.

Rocker can you send that on to me as well please. Ta

YES PLEASE! Emphasis on simple😂.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

Hi welcome to the forum. With regards to posting pictures I can PM you a very simple method using post image which is a free program which saves your pictures taking up space on the forums server.

And me too please Rocker

Rocker66

Sent

5 minutes ago, neil700 said:

And me too please Rocker

Sent

28 minutes ago, Johnnie Mototrans said:

Me too.

Sent

29 minutes ago, xxxfb said:

YES PLEASE! Emphasis on simple😂.

Thanks

Sent

• Like 1
jeremyr62

I wouldn't bother unless you don't like the look. It only superficial surface corrosion. To get it looking good will require a fair bit of effort. To stop it progressing use ACF-50 or XCP. The bike looks neglected to me and for a 2018 in pretty poor nick corrosion wise. It has seen salt which has been left to work its magic.

• Like 1
Rocker66
1 hour ago, xxxfb said:

Re my corrosion, hope these pics work!

corrosion5.jpg

corrosion6.jpg

Pictures worked fine for me.

DaveM59

Any touching up you do will stand out from the rest and look equally bad. Only sitting there with a small brush and a tin of satin black BBQ paint and very carefully going over every bit of black paint and all bolt/screw heads on the whole engine will make it look any better, and even then it might not last unless you scrape off every last bit of loose paint first.

Rocker66
1 hour ago, Xactly said:

Could you please send post image to me too Rocker. Cheers

I can PM you the instructions then you need to Google postimage and down load it .

Rocker66

Below is the PM regarding posting pictures that I have sent those that have requested it. Maybe this may help others

Download post image (its free)  when you have done that click the upload button and select your picture. With choose images button. Once your picture has uploaded you will see a selection of option. Highlight the one that says Hotlink for forums and save it. All you have to do then is paste it in your post. That probably sounds more complicated than it actually is.

I hope this helps.

• Like 2
DaveStewart

Rocker ,does that work on I phone? Or does it have to be on laptop?

Rocker66
1 hour ago, DaveStewart said:

Sorry I have no idea as I don’t have an iPhone.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, DaveStewart said:

Yeah, works fine on a smart phone or tablet.

• Like 3

Thanks for photo instructions.

Edited by MatBin
  • Like 1
Rev Ken
19 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

I can PM you the instructions then you need to Google postimage and down load it .

I hate to admit it, but I too get to the stage of wanting to throw my computer through the window - usually twice a day.:cry: I'd admit I would like an idiots guide!:fear:

I hope you and Sue have a great Christmas and like me are looking forward to 2021. Oh and yesterday evening at 7.30 I was invited to have my vaccination to-day at 5.00pm! I'm looking forward to it!:hyper:

Oh I've just seen your instructions - I'll try!

Edited by Rev Ken
  • Like 2
Rev Ken
1 hour ago, Rev Ken said:

I hate to admit it, but I too get to the stage of wanting to throw my computer through the window - usually twice a day.:cry: I'd admit I would like an idiots guide!:fear:

I hope you and Sue have a great Christmas and like me are looking forward to 2021. Oh and yesterday evening at 7.30 I was invited to have my vaccination to-day at 5.00pm! I'm looking forward to it!:hyper:

Oh I've just seen your instructions - I'll try!

As I suspected I've got a 'free trial' for 21 days and there isn't an 'upload' button! :blink: I'm fed-up!:cry:

Rocker66
3 minutes ago, Rev Ken said:

As I suspected I've got a 'free trial' for 21 days and there isn't an 'upload' button! :blink: I'm fed-up!:cry:

Was that on postimage? I have used it for ages and never had to pay . No need for an upload button as you just highlight the link to the image you want copy it and then paste in your post.

It’s a free app on the iPhone. Doesn’t seem too intuitive to me though; I only seem to be able to send selected image as an attachment to an email, plus I can’t get back to a home screen setting out options. Ah well.

Rev Ken
35 minutes ago, Rocker66 said:

Was that on postimage? I have used it for ages and never had to pay . No need for an upload button as you just highlight the link to the image you want copy it and then paste in your post.

Oh OK I believe you - I'll check I'm on the right site!

Rocker66
1 minute ago, Rev Ken said:

The one you want is www.postimage.org

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Rev Ken said:

I didn't find a downloadable app, I just went to the webpage and filled in the required info, then pasted the link into a post, no costs involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1