corrosion on engine casings

xxxfb

DaveStewart

Guys,there is no such app as "postimage"

Rocker66
8 minutes ago, DaveStewart said:

I don’t know about an app as I use their website  www.postimage.org. 

• Like 1

Mores the point the cases were a bit ravaged , the bracket looked shot as well.what’s it been cleaned with salty water :0) or probably not at all. Think it will take a bit of effort to recover those. 

Slowboy
2 hours ago, DaveStewart said:

Quite right Dave, neither is any part of it “downloadable” it’s just a website that you can use to host your photos. It’s currently free, but it is already possible to “subscribe” to prevent seeing their adverts, which seem largely to be for Russian women living just up the road who want to meet up. 🙄

My guess is they will head down the subscription route at some time in the future.

Very simple to use though.

IMG-2637.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, slowboy said:

Quite right Dave, neither is any part of it “downloadable” it’s just a website that you can use to host your photos. It’s currently free, but it is already possible to “subscribe” to prevent seeing their adverts, which seem largely to be for Russian women living just up the road who want to meet up. 🙄

My guess is they will head down the subscription route at some time in the future.

Very simple to use though.

IMG-2637.jpg

Is that a Beeza? 

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, Thosoneill said:

Okay I’m going to try your instructions now

C86979-F3-BF42-4-B75-8-B9-C-AB4-AEC6-ADB

Bingo 

I didn't think political posts were allowed :) ?

• Haha 2
jeremyr62

Can't remember the last time I saw thread divert off topic so much.:)

I feel sorry for the OP.

Edited by jeremyr62
  • Haha 1
Rocker66
33 minutes ago, jeremyr62 said:

I feel sorry for the OP.

Sorry I was only trying to help one member by sending PM on how to post a picture which led to a few more request for the information so I posted the instructions thinking I was being helpful.

• Like 1
DaveStewart
6 hours ago, jeremyr62 said:

I feel sorry for the OP.

WOW!!! Its not the end of the world if a thread goes off topic. Pretty sure the op is not bothered tbh.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DaveStewart said:

WOW!!! Its not the end of the world if a thread goes off topic. Pretty sure the op is not bothered tbh.

Agreed. Threads on here wander about all over the place and I rather like it like that. It’s just like a real conversation in a pub or café :niceone:

• Like 1
Jeffprince
2 minutes ago, Tex said:

Agreed. Threads on here wander about all over the place and I rather like it like that. It’s just like a real conversation in a pub or café :niceone:

What is this “pub or cafe” you talk about? Welsh rules allow no such things...

• Haha 3
  • Sigh 1
  • Sad 1
jeremyr62
2 hours ago, DaveStewart said:

I wasn't being serious. That's what the smiley was for.

8 hours ago, Rocker66 said:

Sorry I was only trying to help one member by sending PM on how to post a picture which led to a few more request for the information so I posted the instructions thinking I was being helpful.

You were Rocker, don't fret.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

As the OP i found it bizarrely amusing. I could have done with some different advice tho' because it turned out to be spot on! Thanks guys, at least it didn't come as a nasty shock. Busy wearing out Dremel attachments, lol.

Cheers

Mike

Andy m
On 07/12/2020 at 17:26, DaveStewart said:

Rocker ,does that work on I phone? Or does it have to be on laptop?

Certainly works on an android tablet. No need for an app or subscription just the site to visit. 

On 09/12/2020 at 09:04, jeremyr62 said:

I feel sorry for the OP.

😁😁😁 Perfectly normal on here. When the nurse doesn't get them their pills on time, its off we go to railways etc. 

That corrosion is cosmetic but pretty bad IMHO. Question is, do you fix it or just sl9w it down? 

Fixing it really requires a strip down. If you paint it in place, even dremel down to bare metal, etch and rattle can with proper engine paint, you are going to get over spray and patches that'll just go again in a few years. Thing is, financially you'd be better trading the bike than stripping down. 

I'd get all fasteners out except two, especially that crank cap and buy new. While waiting for the postie dremel off the loose stuff, and feather down the good paint. Clean everything with white spirit, elbow grease, wire wool, petrol, wet and dry, the works. Mask off the good bits. If masking tape won't stick neither will paint. Then spray it with a self etching engine paint, 3-5 really thin coats, W&D between. Run the engine to dry it. Then ACF-50 the lot, fit that new cap and fasteners and it'll look OK until it doesn't. 

Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Andy. It just looked so awful I couldn't just leave it and am now paying the (time) price. You laying out the process has been very helpful.

Cheers

Mike

• Like 2