NC750X DCT Won't Start

DCTPaul

DCTPaul

So... Yesters Started...  had a ride about... Stopped for petrol... Fingers Crossed, Stated...  Safternoon... Nuffink!

Think the battery isn't holding charge - tickle trickle is saying 'Charged' but not enough ooomph.

So looking at Halfords with a Trade Card...

Yuasa Lead Acid YTZ14  - 11.2 Ah -  230CCA (£102) £82.60

Or @KingJames recomendation of a Shido Lithium LTX14BS - 3.5Ah? - 240CCA (£81) £57.60...

Mmm... what to do?

King James? That Shido Lithium LTX14BS really better than the OE Yuasa?

Edited by DCTPaul
jeremyr62
1 hour ago, DCTPaul said:

That Shido Lithium LTX14BS really better than the OE Yuasa?

Only in that weighs a lot less (~3kg). Performance will be very similar. I have a JMT YTX14H-FP Lithium Ion battery in my NC. The actual direct swap is a YTZ14S-FP, but you don't need it as the CCA of Li Ion batteries is huge. I chose to save the money.

fred_jb
32 minutes ago, jeremyr62 said:

Only in that weighs a lot less (~3kg). Performance will be very similar. I have a JMT YTX14H-FP Lithium Ion battery in my NC. The actual direct swap is a YTZ14S-FP, but you don't need it as the CCA of Li Ion batteries is huge. I chose to save the money.

Although cranking power is better for Lithium, capacity tends to be lower which can be an issue if you have a tracker or alarm and leave the bike unused for too long.  I found mine would get run right down in 2-3 weeks, which never happened with the original lead acid battery.

DCTPaul

Cant order the Shido Lithium LTX14BS as i have to put a reg in, and it says not compatable... web exclusive and all that... so will go Std Yuasa.

Thanks All...