• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Derek_Mac

• Mike5100

• wozza

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a weakness of the bike.  That something so simple is so crappy amazes me.  I am regularly frustrated trying to get the key into the ignition.  Its pretty ironic that the oldest piece of 'techn

lipsee

remind me again why we would want a separate key just for the the nottank/fuel cap ? 

Mike

I am paranoid about putting and shutting the "Not Tank " lid with my ign keys inside at a petrol station...yeah I know should not happen,,"But shit happens"  

Guest The Mad Jock

dont go to timpson as they are over priced and suck ass, you need an independent auto locksmith if you get the blank just take it and they will cut and code the key mostly for under £30 if they supply the blank it could go upto £50 and call around honda dealers as u might get a better deal on the key if you do

I have to say that I can't agree with you on the 'expensive' part here (sucking ass I don't know :ermm::D ). I had a non-chipped key made for £7.50 last week which is spot-on and he said he would supply and cut a chipped one for £25; assuming it would work, as he assured me it would, I didn't think £25 was over the top.  Maybe different Timpsons quote differently, I think they're franchises?

Guest Monkeyuk

£25 is a standard chipped key and the honda key is not its a cripto so the only way to copy it is a clone and they are more money as for the ass part i work in an independent key cutters/shoe repairs and timpson are well none for poor workmanship and over pricing and i should know i worked there for 3 years and all independents feel this way  

• 1 month later...
Guest Zeetsman

I purchased silicon white grease from a local motor factors, this has eased the problem significantly but not sure how often I will need to lubricate it to keep it free.