2nd Service, how much did you pay (8k miles or 12 months)

Guest Smidsy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dazznutts

• Rocker66

• rjp996

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Craig replied to me am now satisfied on the outcome to restore my faith in them

I was quoted £140 for 8k service for my NC700X manual without valve check. Went for independent for £88 as I was not sure if there is any benefit by doing it with the Honda dealer.   I have paid £28

Off at a tangent ........   but customer service related.   A friend has a nice Merc SLK but the calipers and disc centres were looking scruffy, so I had the job of painting the visible bits a nic

Steve Blackdog

I just paid £138

• 8 months later...
Guest DelBoy

I just paid £250 for the 8k service at a Honda dealer. AND they charged me £19 for a courtesy bike.....!!!!

Think they saw me coming..!

I get 3 yearly services on my new Kia for £300....

To be fair though they have been very good regarding warrantee claims.

Don't think I will use them for the 16k service..

Rocker66

I just paid £250 for the 8k service at a Honda dealer. AND they charged me £19 for a courtesy bike.....!!!!

Think they saw me coming..!

I get 3 yearly services on my new Kia for £300....

To be fair though they have been very good regarding warrantee claims.

Don't think I will use them for the 16k service..

May we ask which dealer?

rjp996

I was quoted 186 approx the other week by Kent motorcycles for 8k service - just a few pounds less than Crawley Honda who quoted 140 for a 600 mile service and then charged ~190.

dazznutts

That £250 service charge would probably be Laguna Honda Maidstone

The prices quoted and paid for these services is appalling. I have just had the 2 year full service on my wifes Toyota Yaris £195 all in. I know the dealerships need to make money servicing but their prices are beyond a joke.just my opinion anyway.

dazznutts

Just had a couple of quotes for 8k service on NC750S non dct at two dealers in area

21Moto Swanley £220

Kent Motorcycles Canterbury £130 

Rocker66

Just had a couple of quotes for 8k service on NC750S non dct at two dealers in area

21Moto Swanley £220

So that will obviously be a trip to Swanley then :) :)

Edited by Rocker66
rjp996

Dazznuts your £130 from Kent motorcycles is much better than the £186 I was quoted for 8k service - wonder if the DCT that I have accounts for the extra £56.

It's important to differentiate which model we're talking about since the DCT has an additional gearbox oil filter (but same oil) and the 750 does not require a valve check at 8000 miles, whereas the 700 is supposed to get one. This valve check will add a lot to the cost, since it requires unconnecting the radiator and refilling the coolant etc.

A typical annual service without valve check cost me just over £100, but unless you do a lot miles this would probably only require a few checks, chain and clutch cable adjustment and an oil and filter change.

You could probably do the lot in a couple of hours (going slooowly) for under £50 (oil, filter and washer). The only mistake you could make would be to over or undertighten things (the most typical mistakes would be stripping the drain bolt  sump thread or overtightening the chain, so don't undertake this unless you're mechanically minded).

Edited by beep
dazznutts

Dazznuts your £130 from Kent motorcycles is much better than the £186 I was quoted for 8k service - wonder if the DCT that I have accounts for the extra £56.

did you use kent motorcycles ?

rjp996

Yes - It's booked in for about 4 weeks time. It's a bit of a ride over, but still cheaper than my local place and I get to try out the cafe and make a long morning of it.

Mikdent

I was quoted approx £120 from Kent Motorcycles just a few weeks back, that was from Hadrian himself and I reminded him it was a DCT.

dazznutts

Hadrian booked in my first service 600 miles last December which worked out at £96ish £70 cheaper than the dealer that i bought the bike from - Spoke to Paul yesterday who said it would be £130 at the most - 21Moto is £90 dearer Laguna (dealer i bought bike from) is double the price i know dealers have to run a business but charging high prices will only keep customers away !!  

rainmaker

I was quoted £140 for 8k service for my NC700X manual without valve check. Went for independent for £88 as I was not sure if there is any benefit by doing it with the Honda dealer.

I have paid £280 for 5 years’ service plan for my 3.0 petrol BMW car, so £140 for 4l oil, filter and 1/2 hour work is a bit excessive for bottom of the range cheap motorcycle I think.

• Like 1
Guest DelBoy

21Moto Swanley £220

Maidstone Honda quoted me about £177.50p and No charge for courtesy bike. Quoted £375 for 16k.

Why would the S be £30 cheaper. Also just realised that as I have a K&N Filter fitted the service should have been less the price of one...

Should have phoned around for a quote, just assumed that it would be a pretty standard price..

Guest Southerner

I have paid £280 for 5 years’ service plan for my 3.0 petrol BMW car, so £140 for 4l oil, filter and 1/2 hour work is a bit excessive for bottom of the range cheap motorcycle I think.

A BMW car five year service plan for £280?!

Really? Is there a typo somewhere?

A BMW car five year service plan for £280?!

Really? Is there a typo somewhere?

No I would say no typo. The price does vary on the particular models but they do start at this price for "service inclusive" packages.

Guest EasyTiger

@DelBoy: Also just realised that as I have a K&N Filter fitted the service should have been less the price of one..

Just warn the shop and check they don't chuck the K&N away...

Edited by EasyTiger