NC750S First service

dazznutts
Go to solution Solved by dazznutts,

dazznutts

Had my NC750S serviced at Kent Motorcycles this morning - first service had cover 897 miles in 20 days 

at a cost of £99.36 inclusive of labour parts and vat very pleased compared to Laguna Maidstone Honda  i bought bike from who wanted 

£163.64

Edited by dazznutts
  • Like 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dazznutts

• Rocker66

• pointer2null

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£99 to £110 is the general price around so that my friend is a rip - off.....

Yep too high. Dandemann's prices are probably around the norm.

Had my NC750S serviced at Kent Motorcycles this morning - first service had cover 897 miles in 20 days  at a cost of £99.36 inclusive of labour parts and vat very pleased compared to Laguna Maidstone

Rocker66

Well you know where to go in future then Darren.

I hope Mr Bonekicker read your post :)

• 1 month later...
dazznutts

I had my speedo replaced saturday until warranty and i was asked by the dealer if i wanted to do a 4 service monthly plan

the quote they gave me for 8000 16000 24000 32000 mile services was £1284 payable monthly - i said maybe not at those 

prices 

Guest Southerner

I had my speedo replaced saturday until warranty and i was asked by the dealer if i wanted to do a 4 service monthly plan

the quote they gave me for 8000 16000 24000 32000 mile services was £1284 payable monthly - i said maybe not at those 

prices 

LOL and for xxx sake - My BMW 5 Series is cheaper to service than that over that period of time and mileage...! :dielaugh:

Edited by Southerner
swear filter
pointer2null

well ding dong suger plumb fairies. Good job this ain't the Fazer forum - would be @&%%$£!!" x's by now :lol:

Edited by pointer2null
Rocker66

well ding dong suger plumb fairies. Good job this ain't the Fazer forum - would be @&%%$£!!" x's by now :lol:

Well its not the Fazer forum it's the NC forum so lets stick by the rules of this forum

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Eddie19

I bought my NC750X from Kent Motorcycles, Barham, Kent on 9 Oct 14 and had the first (600 mile) service done on 18 Feb 15. As with other new bikes I've bought for them, they only charged me for oil, oil filter, sump washer and brake grease. Labour was free and they did the full "Honda Health Check" too. They also changed the complete instrument binnacle as a result of a Honda recall. Cost of parts was £42 ish.

Rocker66

I bought my NC750X from Kent Motorcycles, Barham, Kent on 9 Oct 14 and had the first (600 mile) service done on 18 Feb 15. As with other new bikes I've bought for them, they only charged me for oil, oil filter, sump washer and brake grease. Labour was free and they did the full "Honda Health Check" too. They also changed the complete instrument binnacle as a result of a Honda recall. Cost of parts was £42 ish.

Yet another satisfied customer from this excellent dealer. They really believe in good customer relations and service brings in repeat custom. An old concept but it seems to work

dandemann8

Just bought a new Honda CRV and they wanted £565 (should be £1800) for 5 year service plan and 5 year warranty combined so I said through it in on the deal I've just done or I'll cancel the sale, guess what they threw it in with the deal after first saying it wasn't possible..... :)

Rocker66

Hi Ed I see you are located in my home town. If you see a white CB500X with running lights around please give me a wave. It's quite possible that I would be in company with my wife on her custom painted red/whie/blue Hornet.

What colour NC do you have?

pointer2null

Just booked first service for next week £98 including full valet. (Bike Doc Bristol).

Guest nigel w

i bought my bike from laguna, first service was free, They just asked me if i wanted to take a service plan with them, i asked what price is the first main service (8000) £225 i'm not takeing out any plan by the way.

As far as i'm concerned there are two Honda dealers within traveling distance of Maidstone who are very fair on prices and the way you are treated. Gedges motorcycles Hastings. and Kent motorcycles, i know both of them well.

Laguna have just got too big with to many overheads to be competative on servicing.

dazznutts

Nigel you was lucky getting your first service free as i bought my NC750S from laguna they wanted £163.64 for the first service i went to kent motorcycles instead and paid £99 kent motorcycles have quoted me 1 1/2 hours labour at £55ph +vat +parts for the 8,000 mile service would work out £130-£140 quite a bit cheaper than Laguna

Edited by dazznutts
Rocker66

Nigel you was lucky getting your first service free as i bought my NC750S from laguna they wanted £163.64 for the first service i went to kent motorcycles instead and paid £99 kent motorcycles have quoted me 1 1/2 hours labour at £55ph +vat +parts for the 8,000 mile service would work out £130-£140 quite a bit cheaper than Laguna

No brainer as to where to go then. Plus you can't get a meal whilst waiting at Laguna :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Clement

What does the manufacturer prescribes? I paid 1200usd in Windhoek. since it is my first bike, i was shocked. i had many new cars but never paid for the 1000 km checkup.

• 1 month later...

I'm at this point! So rang around:

CJ Ball (norwich) £70 all inc

Lings Honda (Ipswich) £119.90

John Banks Honda (Bury St Edmunds) £122.90- this is where i purchased bike! Asked them to price match CJ Ball and they will!

• 2 weeks later...

Firdt service done for £70. Said it wojld take 90mins but only took them 40mins wondered if they did it all?

Guest Carl_L

No doubt this has been said before but I really don't think anyone should have to pay for a 600 mile service on a new vehicle.

Once upon a time, Honda 1st services were free, then they went consumables only (at substantial mark-up!) but now it seems that sales & service are always separate, autonomous, services.

I wonder if a lot of people are like me - rassin fassin rassin under our breath & then, when the Honda satisfaction survey comes in, we all answer satisfied/very satisfied to everything (because the coffee was nice)?

I'd be the first to put my hand up & say I get treated the way I let them treat me. If I ever buy (yet) another bike, I think I'll make sure that I include a  competitive service package in with the deal & no free 1st service - no sale.

Guest Southerner

Firdt service done for £70. Said it wojld take 90mins but only took them 40mins wondered if they did it all?

I wouldn't be too concerned about the time taken Giles - I think most of us here could change the oil and filter, plus do the other checks required in 40 minutes.

rjp996

I took mine into P&H Crawley as i needed a 600 mile service only a week after pickup and did not have the time to shop around - quotes approx £125, when I came to pay £180 - and they could not understand why I was upset..... Charged for for oil than the bike takes also. Got to find myself another service place as im looking at 3 a year. Shame the Kent dealer is such a long way away.

Defender

I took mine into P&H Crawley as i needed a 600 mile service only a week after pickup and did not have the time to shop around - quotes approx £125, when I came to pay £180 - and they could not understand why I was upset..... Charged for for oil than the bike takes also. Got to find myself another service place as im looking at 3 a year. Shame the Kent dealer is such a long way away.

That's outragous, I don't see how they could justify that, do they dispose of all the tools they use for each and every operation! 

Rocker66

I know it's a bit further but from Tunbrige Wells to Kent M/Cs there is a nice cross country route via Biddenden and Ashford. The cost of the extra fuel used would be more than saved by the servicing cost. The workshop is also open weekends so you could make a day out of it and have a meal at H's cafe whilst waiting

rjp996

Looks like I will be going over to Kent MC come July when I just worked out it will have reached its 8k service. You are right, I could make a trip of it - the money is part of it, but it's the bad taste left that makes me want to find another dealer. I can say for sure Rocker66 I'm not missing catching the Tunbridge wells train to work ;-)