8000 mile service tomorrow

Guest amiga-mark

Guest Ncmike

Have collected my 750x dct from Kent M/Cyls now.. All done with no fuss, just over £140; both filters, Motul oil, front and rear pads removed, cleaned and lubricated. Chain adjusted perfectly, what more could you really want. Well pleased.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocker66

• DaveM59

• steelhorseuk

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dave It is because of the word BIKE. it literally translates to "oh good lets shaft the owner".

Not the dealer I know. Don't you work to have a car and a bike and other nice things. As I said dealers are just like any other business  in that they are designed to make a profit. If you feel that o

I used to have a dealer that not only owned the shop but actually owned the trading estate that it was situated on. The bike shop was basically a hobby as was the race team he ploughed a lot of money

I tried to call Hunts about four times over a period of several days to book a service - each time the phone rang out and went to answer machine. I then sent them an email and after more than two weeks I still haven't received a reply. I'll be going elsewhere.

I had the same problem. :-(

Guest RAGPUD

I had the same problem. :-(

The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago Joseph, I think when I was after buying one in the first place. They must lose loads of business or just don't care.

• 2 weeks later...
JM750XDE

Honda Reading - £159 for 1st 12 month service with 7000miles on the clock. Changed oil. Adjusted cleaned and lubed the chain - changed main headlight bulb (for my Philips bright as the sun) as the dipped beam had blown and got rid of the slack in the throttle & a basic clean of the bike.

Charged £157 to change front and rear pads - was extra labour time as front calliper has seized on almost barren front pads.

Little bit more prices than expected but the bike feels brand new again. Very happy rider

• Like 1
Defender

I think this just goes to show how variable the dealer experience can be, mine is good, has a good reputation and been a Honda dealer forever.

I have bought either of my current Hondas from them, they are quite happy to service them when needed.

I think first major service on the NC was about £150 as was last years, I don't do 8000miles a year, but it goes for a service every year.

The cafe at Kent M/C must be pretty good. A friend was there earlier this month and Paul Hollywood (the TV chef) was having lunch.. :)

O/T, that reminds me that I saw Mary Berry in Waitrose last week, she was two in front of me in the checkout que.
Guest highcast

Every 8000 by the book...but do they? For that price I'd sit and watch and make sure they do, because a modern synthetically oiled low revving roller rocker OHC motor should go easily 24,000 miles (as the JAZZ motor it is based on does) then Mr Honda has made a big error somewhere. Considering the (once again) ludicrous amount of removal of other components (cowlings, radiators, cooling fans) and potential damage caused and the requirement for replacement gaskets, to more than likely not actually do anything, mine will be being left well alone, plus if you look at the design all wear except valve seat recession will actually open up the gap.

Sorry to say, but my service guy told that for NC700X, it's an additional 30 minutes worth for checing the valve clearance.

That is an authorized Honda service dealer.

They told me that it would be an extra 50 euros during autumn for the seasonal service. 

Not sure of the Integra though, the dismounting amount may differ. 

glencoeman

Ive just rang them and they do say either 12 months or 8000 miles.

Im going to do the service myself any way, im not chucking 160 quid at them for a job I can do myself for around 60 quid.

Getting the oil from here

161092120872 on the auction site......£31.80 free delivery.

Filter from here

321232022277 on the auction site,  HF204 RC...£16.98 for two.

Just need to source the clutch filter, might have to go to the main dealer for that but should not be more than a tenner.

I think that if you service it yourself during the warranty period, you are supposed to use genuine Honda filters.

DaveM59

I have nothing but praise for my local Blackpool Honda dealer where I bought the Integra. It was clean when first seen and I got a test ride without any complications, and they did all the jobs I asked for before I collected it and more beside. I asked for chain, grease the centre stand and a brake lever and they did chain and sprockets, rear disk and all new pads, brake lever and a new centre stand.

My only gripe is they didn't give me as much as I wanted trade in.

I got the balance of previous owners extended warranty but it will have expired before the next service is due so I can't comment on their servicing costs but regardless I will do my own as it's part of the overall enjoyment of ownership. I may buy parts from them but that will depend on price.

I am not anti dealership, but as someone who can do their own work, the labour charge is what I see as a big saving and is what makes owning bikes actually affordable. For someone who can't do their own it must add a heck of a lot to the cost of ownership and would take the cost out of my range. The labour for a service is 3 months petrol! I always try to encourage owners to have a go for this reason, but not if they clearly do not have the skills or tools but learning the skills never goes amiss.

Just had the 8000k service on my 2012 700X. Used the local guy who is very good. Total cost, Parts £80.96; Labour £90. I supplied the parts, Oil, air / oil filters, crush washer, oil and coolant - got them from David Silver as he is only 2 miles up the road from me. Air filter changed - might not have needed it but unsure of what was done by previous owner. Probably could have lasted until the next service but looked a bit manky. Valves checked and well within tolerance. Will probably cost a bit less next time as this was his first NC and had to learn which bits if bodywork needed removing. One downside though. I picked up a screw in the rear tyre on the ride over so the just 'squared off' tyre now officially knackered. Was looking to change this in the next couple of months so more expense for this month. Pirelli Angel ST ordered and on their way.