• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocker66

• tc3

• wozza

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well got the first service done today at 720 miles and as they promised it was exactly 100 quid which inclded lots of coffee and a few choc bars so i can live with that but not sure my diabetics can

Some .  of the stories on here convince me that it is a good idea  to find a decent dealer and stick with them. You may not get such a big discount but what price excellent after sales service. Also t

ScaredyCat

I asked my dealer what the cost what for the first service when I collected my bike, he said it's £120...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had mine at Chichester Honda..... £136.

I tried Honda of Bournemouth, but they wanted £145 and are 20 miles further away from me.

Happy with the service at Chichester Honda plus there's a Smith & Western Restaraunt nearby so it's a good excuse to eat out :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, first proper post. Collecting my new X from the aforementioned Letchworth dealer this week, will report back on 1st service cost a few weeks later. My understanding is that this particular dealer group - Chiswick, Letchworth & Dunstable - are owned by Honda UK, this dealer direct ownership model being a route many car manufacturers have gone down in recent years. So the variance in and surprisingly high service cost is all the more surprising. I will have that service pleasure in store shortly, and I will most certainly be getting a quote first after reading these posts...!

Simon

I know it's a tad of topic ...but.. my mate Mark produced an excellent workshop manual for those folks who feel able to find time and effort to do it yourself . I know you loose the full service history stamp , but if you are intending to keep your bike a good number of years the £20 or so spent on a service manual seems like an investment over these mad prices and I think there's satisfaction in knowing it's done right by someone who cares... ' yourself ' that is .

If your interested in the workshop manual it's already been mentioned by me in previous postings and some members have actually bought one and said good things about it ! Cheers and happy serving 

• 2 weeks later...
steelhorseuk

Didnt pay for first service gents. Made sure dealer did it for free as part of the deal of me buying the bike.

Also, I didnt pay for the annual service either (completed last Friday). Honda UK paid for it as part of a compensation package because I complained about the chain/swing-arm/paint degradation problems with the bike. All rectified by Honda and servicing completed gratis!

Pays to haggle and complain when youre not happy!

All the best  

Mark

• Like 1

Didnt pay for first service gents. Made sure dealer did it for free as part of the deal of me buying the bike.

Mark

Like a friend of mine once said: It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.

steelhorseuk

Mark

Like a friend of mine once said: It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.

Too right TJW. This country needs more people to complain when it is justified!  

All the best,

Mark

Rocker66

On my Deauvile I not only got the 1st service FOC but also the 2nd one which I had done today

• 2 weeks later...

1st service just done £120 at Letchworth, around the amount Sales told me. No loan bike available but a loan car offered instead. Seemed efficient and well done. When booking it in the service agent said it would be £150, ouch! When questioned they said it was 2hrs work plus parts, but immediately dropped it to £120 when I questioned what benefit there was in actually buying the bike from them. Its strange at 2hrs work, as a dealer mentioned in another post said it was 1.2hrs! Hopefully the quality is more consistent across Honda's dealers than the prices :) 

Rocker66

Not impressed by a bike dealer that only offers a loan car. What happens to customers who like Sue & I have no car licence?

• 4 months later...
Guest proudnigel

I was quoted £126.00 by P&H in Crawley for my first service, they also offered me a loan bike at a cost of 12p per mile which won't cost me much as I work just 2 miles from the dealer.

I was quoted £126.00 by P&H in Crawley for my first service, they also offered me a loan bike at a cost of 12p per mile which won't cost me much as I work just 2 miles from the dealer.

12p per mile for a courtesy bike, while yours is in for a service. Bloody cheek I call it.... :mad:

Rocker66

12p per mile for a courtesy bike, while yours is in for a service. Bloody cheek I call it.... :mad:

Never heard of such a thing

• 2 weeks later...

600m service on 750X - £99 all-in at Firstline in North London (from where I bought it).

Good to know. Mines going in tomorrow to Firstline.

Did you also pick yours up on Saturday 1st March? Steve at FirstLine told me he had sold 4 of these (including mine) for collection on that day.

Guest Elvisto

Well, I'm amazed at some of the prices you guys are paying for the first service, I've not had my Integra yet, perhaps another 10 days,

But part of the deal was the first service FOC, he told me it was normally £93-00, 

Guest chickenflaps

Well, I'm amazed at some of the prices you guys are paying for the first service, I've not had my Integra yet, perhaps another 10 days,

But part of the deal was the first service FOC, he told me it was normally £93-00, 

put a little blob of blutak or a small bit of tape on the drain plug and see if it's still there when you pick it up...

Guest Elvisto

put a little blob of blutak or a small bit of tape on the drain plug and see if it's still there when you pick it up...

Thanks chickenflaps, you're as devious as me,  :D  Many years ago I took my Vincent for MOT, To a garage I new wouldn't ride my bike, I put the prop stand on a small flat stone, nothing had moved when i collected it after work, funny he said it went really well,  :D

I always mark my oil filter too,  

Guest chickenflaps

Thanks chickenflaps, you're as devious as me,  :D  Many years ago I took my Vincent for MOT, To a garage I new wouldn't ride my bike, I put the prop stand on a small flat stone, nothing had moved when i collected it after work, funny he said it went really well,  :D

I always mark my oil filter too,  

My late brother once marked an oil filter on a GS1000 Suzuki he bought - and the dealer scratched "new one" on the filter he put in!!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest blakenikon

I bought a 2  year service plan for $800.00 from my dealer.  They explaned in detail about the Maintenance schedule recommended by the dealer. It was way more economical to purchase the service plan. It even includes pickup and delivery to and from the dealer for free.