First 600 miles service costs!

Guest chickenflaps

Guest EasyTiger

I bought a 2  year service plan for $800.00 from my dealer.  They explaned in detail about the Maintenance schedule recommended by the dealer. It was way more economical to purchase the service plan. It even includes pickup and delivery to and from the dealer for free.

How many services does that cover? Is it time or distance related?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocker66

• tc3

• wozza

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well got the first service done today at 720 miles and as they promised it was exactly 100 quid which inclded lots of coffee and a few choc bars so i can live with that but not sure my diabetics can

Some .  of the stories on here convince me that it is a good idea  to find a decent dealer and stick with them. You may not get such a big discount but what price excellent after sales service. Also t

Guest scrumpymike

For info, my first service by Branson's in Yeovil yesterday was £99. Being an existing customer, they kindly gave me the price (reduced from £140) they would charge if they had supplied the bike - even though they didn't. That's what I call customer service; mind you, I did buy a set of Honda heated grips which they supplied and fitted at the same time.

dandemann8

For info, my first service by Branson's in Yeovil yesterday was £99. Being an existing customer, they kindly gave me the price (reduced from £140) they would charge if they had supplied the bike - even though they didn't. That's what I call customer service; mind you, I did buy a set of Honda heated grips which they supplied and fitted at the same time.

I was told where I had mine serviced the true Honda price for this service is £99 all in throughout the Honda network.... ;)

I was told where I had mine serviced the true Honda price for this service is £99 all in throughout the Honda network....  ;)

No, it's cheaper in Bulgaria. And I suppose in other countries too.

PS: In Bulgaria I've done it for 55 Euro.

Rocker66

I was told where I had mine serviced the true Honda price for this service is £99 all in throughout the Honda network.... ;)

Seems unlikely as posters on this forum have been charged widely varying charges from labour free to extortionate (to my mind) ammounts

First service cost for mine will be £75 all in at Colwyn Bay motorcycles, Justin the dealer wrote it in the service book when I collected the bike.

Guest surreyhills1

Just had my first service at Farnham Honda £150 plus £15 insurance charge for loan bike.

I was told that next service is at 4000 miles , that can't be correct ! Should the next service not be at 8k miles.

Got to say I get pretty p**sed off with all this service variations,gone are the days when you could open your service book and it stated what jobs were to be done at any given service schedule you knew what you were paying for.

My service today included a chassis service- what the hell is that, I asked the service manager and he told me that the brakes were checked, chain adjusted, everything lubed up.

So nothing really,just an excuse to ramp up the charge.

Feel better now I got this off my chest, going to crack open a beer now,

Just had my first service at Farnham Honda £150 plus £15 insurance charge for loan bike.

I was told that next service is at 4000 miles , that can't be correct ! Should the next service not be at 8k miles.

Got to say I get pretty p**sed off with all this service variations,gone are the days when you could open your service book and it stated what jobs were to be done at any given service schedule you knew what you were paying for.

My service today included a chassis service- what the hell is that, I asked the service manager and he told me that the brakes were checked, chain adjusted, everything lubed up.

Sounds like a complete rip off to me...:(

road runner

My Integra 750 1st service was done just over a week ago and the price was £81.00 plus VAT. I was told that because I purchased from them the labour charge was only half what it should have been. Next service is at 8000 miles or year which ever comes sooner!

Slowboy

Hope the beer helped. The next service is at 8000 miles, sounds like a dealer who doesn't understand their product ranges fully, or wants more money from punters who don't challenge them. I think I'd look elsewhere. I'm sure someone on here could recommend someone not too far from you?

Guest Ruby Stella

I've been quoted £160 for my 600 mile service in fowlers in Bristol this coming friday. I think this sounds far too much particularly considering the amount that some people are charged. They initially quoted £120 but when they found out of I didn't buy the bike there, they said I can't get the reduced labour rate. I tried to haggle and quoted other prices I've read on here but they won't budge. I've spent a mini fortune in their shop over the years so this feels like pretty bad customer service. Thinking of going somewhere nearby - Newport, Glos, Swindon? Anyone had cheaper quotes from fowlers or nearby dealers?

Thanks

Slowboy

Thinking of going somewhere nearby - Newport, Glos, Swindon? Anyone had cheaper quotes from fowlers or nearby dealers?

Thanks

I used to live near Bristol, and gave bought bikes from foul ups. Never went back for service. Try thunder road in Wales, they were pretty good, or Bransons in Yeovil. I've used both in the past and was happy with them.

Rocker66

Some .  of the stories on here convince me that it is a good idea  to find a decent dealer and stick with them. You may not get such a big discount but what price excellent after sales service. Also those giving big discounts have to make the money back somehow.

• Like 1
Guest surreyhills1

Well I have decided to write and complain to Nick Campolucci who is the UK head of all things Honda Motorcycles in the UK.

Even taking into account living costs etc around the country,there is just a complete disparity in service charges and what we are being told by the main dealers service departments with regard to service schedules, as customers we are being fleeced.

I will post any details, response etc I get back from them.

Well I have decided to write and complain to Nick Campolucci who is the UK head of all things Honda Motorcycles in the UK.

Even taking into account living costs etc around the country,there is just a complete disparity in service charges and what we are being told by the main dealers service departments with regard to service schedules, as customers we are being fleeced.

I will post any details, response etc I get back from them.

Nice one.. :) I look forward to hearing his response.

• Like 1
Rocker66

With the exception of BMW (and possibly Ducati) who have set charges I think variable servicing costs will be found on most brands. In my opinion it's a good idea to discuss servicing costs before purchasing the bike.. Caveat Emptor!!

I have been told that Honda are thinking and talking to dealers about fixed service costs which would be done by CC's. Problem with this which my dealer poineted out to me is that some bikes will benifit from this where others will not because of the time it takes to strip the fully faired bikes down which can increase a service time by an hour. I'm happy just to pay for the work done even although the hourly rate in Aberdeen is on the high side at £70.

Guest DH1900

I've been quoted £160 for my 600 mile service in fowlers in Bristol this coming friday. I think this sounds far too much particularly considering the amount that some people are charged. They initially quoted £120 but when they found out of I didn't buy the bike there, they said I can't get the reduced labour rate. I tried to haggle and quoted other prices I've read on here but they won't budge. I've spent a mini fortune in their shop over the years so this feels like pretty bad customer service. Thinking of going somewhere nearby - Newport, Glos, Swindon? Anyone had cheaper quotes from fowlers or nearby dealers?

Thanks

Blade Honda (Gloucester) did mine for £120 even though I didn't buy the bike from them.

Edited by DH1900
Guest EasyTiger

Thanks

In June 2013, Fowlers in Bristol quoted me £347.83 for the 8,000 mile service on an X DCT...

Bransons in Gloucester quoted £220/30.

I went to Thunder Road Cwmbran who did it and checked the valves for £145.

They also gave me an S for the day to play on in Mid-Wales. (Take both parts of your licence...).

So I would give Thunder Road a call and see what they come up with...

Or an independent.

Rob Wareham at RJ Motorcycles/Big Twin Harley hire has a repair shop on an industrial estate 30 mins from Bristol, in Locking near Banwell/Weston.

He beats all of these prices... 01934 824824. Away this week. Also works evenings and Saturdays.

He lets you stand and watch the service, so you can look and learn, drink his coffee, and listen to his loud rock music...

Stamps the book etc.

Guest phatstorage

Put mine through last Saturday for its first service, It was on 940 miles.

Came to £99.45.

Loyal customer to 1stline for nearly 15 years.

Guest scrumpymike

As I understand it, all Honda do is issue dealerships with a standard time for each bike and service operation. The idea is to give the dealer the flexibility to apply what he considers to be his economic hourly labour rate (based on local variables such as cost of premises, wages etc). Unfortunately, that leaves the door wide open to abuse by any greedy dealer - either by inflating their hourly rate or (even worse) by adding items that are not part of Honda's official service schedule.

Re 4k versus 8k service interval, according to my dealer, you have to have at least an oil service every year to maintain your Honda warranty. I didn't argue the point, as I prefer to do that anyway.

Rocker66

As I understand it, all Honda do is issue dealerships with a standard time for each bike and service operation. The idea is to give the dealer the flexibility to apply what he considers to be his economic hourly labour rate (based on local variables such as cost of premises, wages etc). Unfortunately, that leaves the door wide open to abuse by any greedy dealer - either by inflating their hourly rate or (even worse) by adding items that are not part of Honda's official service schedule.

Re 4k versus 8k service interval, according to my dealer, you have to have at least an oil service every year to maintain your Honda warranty. I didn't argue the point, as I prefer to do that anyway.

I think that if you check your service book it will say service intervals as 8000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first or words to that effect

Guest Ruby Stella

Thanks everyone, this is much appreciated and really helpful. I'll try Newport or glos honda dealers as need to go to honda dealer for warranty but will try the suggested independent dealers in the future - I have a lot of learning to do so ideal if they let me watch a service and pester them with questions! I don't know how to add names here or copy previous messages so have some learning to do here too but thanks for all the replies. Time to cancel that service and take a day trip somewhere.

Guest EasyTiger

Just in case I wasn't clear - Thunder Road are Honda dealers. 5 minutes from Junction 25A on the M4 - 40 minutes from Bristol.

Llantarnam Industrial Park, 4 John Baker Close, Cwmbran NP44 3AX

01633 868888